abs and front hub assembly??? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2wd Suspension Discussion Pretty obvious, forum just for the 2wd guys!....NO ADVERTISING!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
abs and front hub assembly???

So I purchased 2 new moog front 2wd hubs for my 2002. The guy at rock auto said they would have the ABS hook up when infact they dont.

I havnt dug into it yet, so im really not very knowledgeable. Do I have to have hubs with ABS sensors? I'm guessing its not something you can just transfer over.

Also any tips on doing the changeout?

Thanks!

For Sale 02 - BHAF - 4" MBRP - DAP 7X0.011 SAC - Studs - Springs - Billet Special - Drag Comp - Fass 150 - Built Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 03:09 PM

on my 06 the abs sensor is removed with a 5mm allen.

My new Timken hubs did come with new sensors though.

2006 3500 MegaCab, 5.9 G56, 6.5"CST lift, Fuel Hostage 20x9/35"Grabber AT2s.
1955 Chevy Suburban w/ 4BT cummins.
1969 & 2002 Camaro SS's
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 01:47 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

Is there a difference in a 2wd hub from the 4wd hub. I heard that there was none, but i want to make sure.

06 QCSB 2WD (lil blue), glow-shifts boost, pyro, fuel rail pressure, ATS Dual CP3's Stainless Diesel Stock/S475, BMS 100's, 188/220, #103 vs,425's,pushrods,billitized built auto tranny, MBRP 5" turbo back, BD boost fooler, Dixie horn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
There is definitely a difference. If I recall correctly it's like was already said. ABS sensor is a take off of old and put on the new hub situation. Difference between hubs is that the two wheel drive front hub is only three bolts I believe. Four wheel drive is four. Don't hold me to that because it's been over a year ago that I changed mine but I remember purchasing the four wheel drive set from Advance Auto because the guy said they were interchangeable. .... but no go. I ordered a set from Rock Auto in the end...... good luck.

'07.5 QCSB...2wd., Leveled and on 35's,H&S 5"TBE,S&B CAI, ECM tuned by Dave @ Draconian Diesel(EFI).
The Following User Says Thank You to Got Ice? For This Useful Post:
f22guy (09-27-2014)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 11:49 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Ice? View Post
There is definitely a difference. If I recall correctly it's like was already said. ABS sensor is a take off of old and put on the new hub situation. Difference between hubs is that the two wheel drive front hub is only three bolts I believe. Four wheel drive is four. Don't hold me to that because it's been over a year ago that I changed mine but I remember purchasing the four wheel drive set from Advance Auto because the guy said they were interchangeable. .... but no go. I ordered a set from Rock Auto in the end...... good luck.

Alright! Thanks for clearing that up!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

06 QCSB 2WD (lil blue), glow-shifts boost, pyro, fuel rail pressure, ATS Dual CP3's Stainless Diesel Stock/S475, BMS 100's, 188/220, #103 vs,425's,pushrods,billitized built auto tranny, MBRP 5" turbo back, BD boost fooler, Dixie horn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode