Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - I give up / Morimoto LED Fog Light Kit
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 11:56 AM
Loki223
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi

Garage
Just to make sure, you are referring to these?

Dodge Ram: XB LED - Fog Lights from Morimoto HID

The LED Projector fog lights? Or are you referring to an LED Bulb inside of a fog light housing?

I ran the X8 Projector fog lights on my 12 for several years, no resistors, no issues.

When i upgraded to my 18, i continued the plug and play approach, Just plugged them in. No issues, no resistors, no canbus cancelers, nothing. When i adjust settings for HID headlights the only fog light setting i changed was to disable the fog light drop out. I have had zero issues with the X8 Projector LED fogs

My Suggestion, with them haven worked for several years, is to check your grounds and your connectors. Sometimes the connectors might get loose, which can cause intermittent issues. Make sure your pins are fully seated and making proper contact. Especially since when you bench test the lights they work

The way the canbus system works, is at startup it will check the lights for any lights out. If it detects any issues, it will turn off power to that light, so the reason your factory light might not have worked at first is because it detected an issue, turned off power, then after a power cycle it checked again, and did not find an issue so it kept power on. I would lean towards the issue being more with the Morimoto light, or with the connector. Also, the morimoto staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. giving them a call might throw out an idea on something to check that none of us might think of that could solve the issue. If anyone else has ran into your issue, the manufacturer would be a fantastic place to start for assistance in troubleshooting.

2018 Ram 3500 Limited - Crew Cab Long Box 4x4 SRW Stock at the moment, but that will change
Make your puddle lights great again!
SUPPORT SITE VENDORS, THEY MAKE ALL THIS POSSIBLE
HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome