Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Pro vs cons of running non gated compounds
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
pocketgunner
Diesel Head

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jussmok3dout View Post
For a single what are the pros and cons for gated vs non gated? Specifically a larger single such as a sxe s369, would you run that gated or non gated?
It depends on how you look at it, benefit of non gated would be the ability to run a t4 housing which drops drive pressure and lowers temps a bit in most cases. Boost is completely controlled by your right foot and how much fuel you have to drive the turbo. A t3 gated its very quick to light and the boost is controlled by the gate obviously. Temps are usually higher with a t3 as a single compared to a t4. Its all about pros vs cons for you specific desires and plans for the truck, theres trade offs to running a t4 but there are also benefits. Me personally I don't mind the slightly slower spool of a t4 doesn't really bother me as I am a manual truck and can wine my rpms out if I want to keep on top of the charger

2005 QCLB 6 speed - South Bend Single - Banks intercooler w/3.5" pipes and intake horn - Fast Coolers - Smarty Jr - AirDog 4G 165 - Longhorn Fab 90" traction bars - More goodies to come
SOLD-2003 QCSB 5 speed SDD3250-Fast Coolers-BMS 50s-6.7 feed tubes-CPP 115# springs-7/16" Manton pushrods-ARP studs-5" st8 Twin 7" CATs-ISSPRO's-Smarty S06-2nd gen manifold-He351- 2nd gen Intake Horn-Jacobs Brake-NUC Oil Bypass-Traction Bars

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome