Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Installed new BD intercooler and have a whining sound not heard before
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
myredcab
Cummins Enthusiast

Update: found two huge leaks by using this turbo leak tool. You could also make one but I didnít. The tool is good quality and function for what it cost.

I also ended up using one of the kitís clamps after snapping one of poor quality (that came with my upgraded intake elbow). Biggest challenge I found was finding the right sized quality clamps that would tighten down on the new turbo and intercooler with some force. Having good clamps for higher boost applications goes a long way.

Fortunately I had an AFE boost tube kit I previously bought, but it didnít fit the oem setup I had before, so I didnít use it.

Just drove a 3 hr trip and the truck ran like it hadnít ever before. What a difference solid, consistent boost makes. Now I can continue to dial in the wastegate setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 Mega, BD Billet Trans, SFIFlexplate, TripleDisc and Intercooler, 62/68,CTS2, EFI, BBI .5s, Hellwig, Fox 2.0 Adj, Fleece CP3, Beans, FASS95, Thuren Control, Trackbar + XS Coils, Dynatrac FS+BJs, 09steering, Toyo RT's, SOTA rims, CE batt cables, Fluidampr...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome