Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - shake/wobble when driving after new tires
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 11:45 AM
texasprd
Cummins Nut

When you checked runout after the Michelins went on, did you check all four wheels or just the original position of the one originally left loose? Maybe that wheel is off enough to be a problem (regardless of shop #2's assurances) and if it's in a different position now after the new tires and various rebalances and you only rechecked the previous position... I imagine you checked all four, so I'm just throwing that out there to make sure that possibility was covered.

I'd still be wondering about the one damaged from being left loose. Can you post some pics of that, so we can see the damaged areas?

Can you try swapping tires front-to-back and see if the feeling changes?

You mentioned jacking up the rear and checking runout - I guess the loose wheel was on the rear when you left the first shop?

'96 2500 club-cab, long bed, 2WD - Dipricol trans/boost/pyro gauges, ISSPRO fuel pressure gauge, +2qt Chrysler trans pan, Sport headlight retrofit & suvlights conversion harness, fuel heater deleted, KDP tabbed, Raybestos WC37290 (1-1/16") wheel cylinders

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome