Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Predator lift pump

12K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  gear_grinder 
#1 ·
Highly suggest the lift pump to anyone looking for a solid pump and crazy fuel pressure gains trucks is running awesome!!!!

#3 ·
The install would’ve been a lot easier if you’re using the stock fuel filter I actually deleted the stock one awhile back and relocated mine on the front of the truck. The dampener and fan has to come off. It’s not too bad to install though. The pump is pretty heavy duty for sure weighs a couple pounds. And the brackets are sturdy. The belt I’m not sure about it says it should last as long as a serpentine belt. But fuel pressure at a rev to 2 grand in neutral goes to almost 60psi. The one thing I can say idk if it was my truck or what but the acorn but on the bottom of the pump is about a millimeter from the sway bar. I just removed the sway bar but probably will end up putting spacers on the sway bar where the bushings bolt.

#5 ·
Awesome! Glad to hear it is a quality unit. I have been wondering about these for a while.

That sucks you had to remove the sway bar.

I am interested to see if you notice any difference driving the truck. Like smoother running or even a power difference.

PDD said you should see a difference in power with increased fuel pressure.

#6 ·
I've been running the dtt assassin for a few years now. Very similar to your pump. No trouble with the belt so far. Keep a spare in the truck, just in case. I set a regulator to max the pressure at 45. No interference with the swaybar with or without the steering box brace. I did have a seal go out on the pump. About 2 bucks at grainger. That's why I regulated it down to 45 psi. I was glad to get rid of the electric lift pumps. Went through a few air dogs. The fass on my other truck is holding up. When I ppump that one, an other assassin is going in.

#8 ·
This is great info. Thanks for sharing.

I have not had the best experience ordering from PDD.

Got a set of injectors that were totally effed up on the machine work. Ended up getting Industrial instead. And PDD still charged me $50 for shipping. I have pics of the injectors if anyone is interested.

Did you have a long shipping time for this product? I know they delayed sending it out for almost a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.