Cummins Diesel Forum banner

truck pulls to the left even after alignment

10K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  beren 
#1 ·
So my 05 pulls to the left even though according to the spec sheet from the alignment shop its dead on within spec. I have done the 4th gen steering linkage upgrade, new dampener, new track bar bushings, Dodge Offroad Brace, and new Nitto Ridge Graps. Truck still pulls. Not drastic like jerking the wheel out of your hand or anything but if I am in the right lane and let go of the wheel it will pull up the pitch grade and cross the center line. To keep it straight I have to keep the wheel slightly to the right and frankly its annoying. I have the spec sheet at home Ill post the measurements when I get home for reference. Any thoughts on what it might be that's causing it to keep pulling like that?

#3 ·
Believe it or not pulls to the right when you really stand on the brakes. I thought about that as well but both wheels and hubs don't get hot like a sticky caliper would make them. Ive had to replace both rears because they stuck within the last year

#9 ·
Sounds like a worn caliper. I just did a full brake job on my truck due to a sticky caliper on the passenger side. As far as the deteriorated line, you would know if that was your problem. When you hit the brakes and you get a hesitation before the truck starts to break. That's an indication it's the line. You will also get a stiffer than usual brake peddle.

#10 ·
Yea pedal pressure is normal and zero hesitation just pulls to the right when you stand on the brakes. I'll get a pic posted of the alignment sheet tomorrow morning

#11 ·
My truck was doing the same and I threw part after part after part at it and it still had the left pull. Turned out someone had put adjustable ball joints in and had the driver side adjusted wrong. Had the truck aligned twice and the alignment guys never mentioned it and the spec sheet didnt show it.

#12 ·
Hm.m now I will for sure mention that when I take it back for a warranty recheck

#13 ·
What tires are you running? Sometimes tires can have a slight left pull

#14 ·
I'm runnin 285/50R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, brand new

#15 ·
Here is the alignment sheet from Firestone.

Attachments

#17 ·
So taking it to them this afternoon and going to have them set it to the Thuren specs and make sure the higher caster is on the driver side not the passenger to try and "Cross caster" it to take the left pull out of it. Caster I can do minimal changes to myself at home so that I am not totally worried about but I'm going to make sure they set total toe to as absolutely close to ZERO as they can. Right now its set at .2* total toe

Reactions: rghavana
#19 ·
Well after taking back to Firestone and telling them to adjust to the Thuren specs its damn near perfect. Could possibly still use a little more cross caster but I'll deal with that when I put control arms on it. At the moment if your in the right lane shell drive straight down the road, left lane you have to keep the wheel slightly right due to the road pitch but it's much better than it was for sure.

#22 ·
Problem is my spare is a smaller size, havent swapped it to the right height tire yet, and the ridge graps only have about 1000 miles on them so dont think itd be a bad tire

#24 ·
heh. I had a real bad pull when one tire had 4/32s and the other was replaced and with a Dura Grappler and had 16/32s… made a huge difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.