Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Re-Manufactured 6.7 Cummins Motor
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 12:39 PM
Den52
Cummins Fanatic

I have never bought a rebuilt engine and I have never rebuilt a diesel. Having said that, my advise would be to get a remanufactured engine from a reputable rebuilder that offers the best warranty, and check references. I think there are local rebuilders around the area but if they fold your warranty is lost. BTW, I would have the ECM returned to stock settings before firing up a new/rebuilt engine and then purchase a programmer/tune to your choosing. I have an H&S Mini Maxx on my 2011 that can be set to stock, mild, wild, and hot. I run mild when towing the 5er and wild for town driving, but run the hot setting for long highway trips for best fuel mileage. I would also recommend having head studs installed in place of the factory head bolts for a little added security. I am sure those with personal experience with engine rebuild/replacement with have names of engine vendors, at least one can hope. Keep us posted on your engine endeavor.

2011 Laramie 2500 Crew 4x4 w/ 8' box, 68RFE transmission with trans tune, H&S mini w/5" exhaust, sinister egr delete, arp head studs, S&B cold air intake, B&W rollover goose neck hitch, roll'n'lock bed cover
The Following User Says Thank You to Den52 For This Useful Post:
KTMGuy90 (05-24-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome