Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - 2006 TIPM AC Output Shorted
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Daves06Cummins

2006 TIPM AC Output Shorted

2006 3500 Laramie 5.9L Cummins QC 4x4 48RE Auto 198K
Hey Guys, newbie first time posting. I have found allot of great information on this forum.
My fan clutch failed, which in turn caused my AC compressor fail. I replaced fan clutch and compressor and associated AC system components, then flushed and pulled vacuum. Started charging AC system and AC compressor Clutch would not engage. Found TIPM input to Compressor with zero current. After reading everything I could in this forum, I decided to take the truck to Dodge dealer to see if they could reflash TIPM and finish AC charge. When I came to pick up truck Service Manager told me TIPM AC circuit fried and traces were burnt black. The tech was able to recharge AC manually and said it was tight and no leaks. Service manager said TIPM is on back order and doesn't know when one will be available. He said Dorman is a good aftermarket replacement. I brought the truck home and removed TIPM and found the TIPM circuit board not burnt or blackened? Tech didn't remove this unit. Now I don't know if I should take it to another dealer for a TIPM reflash or just replace it? Is there a schematic available where I could at least verify if the circuit is shorted?
Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome