Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - 2019 Cummins 6.7 turbo lag?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:36 PM
dgiturbo
Diesel Freak

The interview I watched with him he said no torque management, and full torque in all gears, first and up. The reporter then joked that this now means people will be drag racing and so on with that 1000 torque, and the engineer laughed and said that's what we expected so we re designed the transmissions and drive train to handle it. I think it was an interview with TFL Trucks when the 2019 frame was being debuted? If I come across the video again I will post a link. You may be right that it's just marketing. Who knows anymore. But I have driven a 2019 three times now and never felt a dead pedal. And having driven my 2013 for 140K miles, I know how to do the dead pedal. I would also guess that with the new 3:73 axle helps.

As for a torque curve, the video I linked above to has the diesel dyno pull to 1000 torque and the split screen in the lower left has the RPM and Torque dials showing in real time. Seems like the 1000 is hit by 1800RPM. Again, it's a FCA corporate marketing video so...

2019 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4 all options except rear air susp, Black Forest Green Pearl.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome