Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - 2004.5 radiator replacement options/improvements?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
DaveH77

2004.5 radiator replacement options/improvements?

Recently my plastic tanked radiator started dripping from the bottom corner right by the drain pet. It appears to be coming from where the plastic tank is clamped to the metal core. It is not very bad at all yet but now definitely on the to-do list before summer heat.

Wondering what is the best affordable improvement replacement? Is there a newer year factory unit with improved cooling that will bolt in?
Right now finances dictate shopping used OEM preferred instead of cheap chinese, just looking for the best one to look for.
I vaguely recall discussion of maybe a 2007 being a good upgrade for older rigs but can't find it again, and won't trust my vague memory.
Searched and read some threads that mostly talked about 3 row vs 2 row vs expensive aftermarket but didn't find anything about improvements in OEM from different year gen 3 rigs.
Thanks!

2004.5 2500 4x4 short bed AT, 249,000 mi
assume all stock except K&N filter & intake tube but history prior to 220,000 miles is unknown

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome