Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - 2wd vs 4wd suspension differences??
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Wambo1986

2wd vs 4wd suspension differences??

Hello everyone, new on this form. Also new to the Cummins world. I recently got a truck I couldn’t pass up. Super clean 2014 2500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed, deleted, intake, tuner, exhaust 60k miles on the clock but it’s 2wd... It’s bare bones, Manual locks, windows, rubber floors, no fancy gadgets.

On to my question. I use to own a 2016 4x4 hemi ram and the suspension looks like same as the 2wd I have now. Does anyone know what the differences are between them?

I did read that with the G56 manual trans I can pull the tail section off and replace the seal and bolt the manual (non eclectic) transfer case to it.. so my thinking is if a front axle out of a 4x4 truck would bolt in... maybe converting this truck wouldn’t be too bad?

There is a 2013 at a junk yard close to my house that has a transfer case and matching axle to what my rear is...

What’s everyone’s thoughts? Sorry for the long post but the only thing I don’t really like about this truck is that it’s 2wd.. but on the other hand I could leave it 2wd, put a big turbo on it and have a lot of fun on the highway lol.

Thanks in advance!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome