Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Later 3rd gen double DIN radio bezel with cubby!
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 10:50 AM
TqMnster
Diesel Head

Posted this in the other thread but if you're not afraid of a little fitting you can keep the factory cubby with a double din. I just used the brackets from the bezel kit to mount my radio and drilled new holes to get it to sit high enough. Had to clearance the top supports on the factory pocket and resized the factory panel. Haven't got around to closing in the half moon openings but that's easy enough with epoxy or plastic welding and a little filler/paint.

Also you can add factory steering wheel controls with the axxess aswc1. I went to the junkyard and got the whole back panel off of a durango steering wheel with the controls and harness and also got the pigtail from the back of the clockspring. Pulled my wheel, swapped the rear panel and plugged in the harness. I had to add the 2 pins to the back of the clock spring so I pulled those from the pigtail I got and ran one to ground and the other to the axxess controller. Programmed the buttons how I wanted all without going to the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180318_153543.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	794970  

'09 Mega Cab 4x4 - Anarchy Tuned

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome