Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Leveling a 2007 2wd and running 4th gen wheels
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
gkotlin

Leveling a 2007 2wd and running 4th gen wheels

I've got a 2007 2500 diesel 2wd. Looks like I have aluminum 17's. 265-70-17 tires.
I needed tires to get me through the winter. I found a set of 2014's with decent tires on them cheap. Brought them home and the 275-70-18 is noticeably bigger. Any issues with clearance with these tires? The front sitting lower then the rear on the 2wd seems like it might be tight?

I did all the reading and researching I could before getting these wheels and tires. Seems the offsets and specs are all the same or very close between the wheels. But the 2014's are steel wheels and the 2007 are aluminum. As such, my studs are longer and with the steel 18's, the hub caps don't completely seat.

I was also going to get new bilsteins or put some spring blocks in the front to help level it. But then I'm reading some people have ball joint issues after lifting it up? Any opinions? It's 2wd, so I'm not looking to lift the whole truck. Just level the ride. Maybe it's easier to lower the rear?

Just weighing my options before I buy new tires for the 17's or 18's and new front shocks. I did the rear shocks in the fall.

Any opinions or experiences are appreciated.

2007 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 2wd 6.7

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome