Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Need tow mirrors that stick out 5 feet, HEHEHE!

25K views 76 replies 41 participants last post by  dvpvic 
#1 ·
. This 60 year old Grandpa has been around long enough to see a lot of fads come and go by but what's this new childish "Towing Mirrow" club I've been reading about. You mean to tell me if I don't have mirrors that jut out into the next lane I would not be accepted into today's society of pickup truck owners.:omg::omg::rofj Give me a break, :doh::doh:and what's this crap about driving with your mirrors up or down?
I just ordered a 2017 Ram 2500 Cummins, my first diesel and guess what, I didn't get those moose antler mirrors simply because I didn't need them because I don't tow.
OMG, how am I going to make it through the rest of my life without them.:onoz::lol4: I'll leave this to the younger generation who feel a need to fit in at any cost.:smile2:

#49 · (Edited)
You guys are slayin me!:hehe::rof:hehe:

On a slightly more serious note, I lost a drivers side mirror on my last truck when I forgot to fold down my mirrors.
Thankfully, the guy coming at me was over in my lane on a curve and it was his fault. I had to turn around and chase the MFer down cause he bolted. Caught him and (with a little friendly persuasion) got his license, reg and a credit card number Cost the guy $1500 to replace my heated electric mirror.

I get it that you can see better with them up, but what a pain in the derrière to lose the mirror when it happens. And if you are at highway speeds and both trucks have moose ears, it could cause a lot more damage.

I keep mine down when not in use towing. I keep as small a foot print as possible. Shiet Happens when you least expect it!

#50 ·
I hate that my truck doesn't have them. I've been trying to find someone who doesn't want them and trade, any time I hook up to a trailer, I can barely see anything. I don't see the issue, if you can see better, isn't that a good thing? Towing or not, I like being able to see better behind me with less blind spots, but that's just me.

#53 ·
OMG these mirrors can flip up so you can see more of your trailer while towing. Awesome!

Reactions: RustedDodge
#57 ·
Lol. The only trucks that can pull of the look of mirrors flipped up is a 1 ton dually. There is not that much of a difference if line of sight with them up or down.

Reactions: RustedDodge
#58 ·
I had a 11 3500 dually and had to leave them up to see around the rear fenders! LOL
It took me a while to get used to the twin panes on the mirrors too. Seemed like forever there were two cars side by side next to me on the highway in the same lane!

#59 ·
I wish ram would redesign the mirrors. I hate the visibility of them down and the way they look up. I prefer them up because the visibility is way better then down. Hopefully ram will change the mirrors on the update.

#60 ·
Yep,I agree,I liked the ones on my 04.5 as they were a one piece solid mirror with a small spot mirror on the passenger side,I think,but I sure liked those mirrors.

#61 ·
To each their own I guess... I don't find a need to adjust the blind spot mirror between the 2 positions and the main mirror is easy enough to adjust with the button. Best tow mirrors I've ever used. That's just my 2 cents.

#62 ·
I added small spot mirrors that I have used on my last 10 vehicles, including my motorcycles. These little spots help fill in the gap between the regular mirrors and the factory spot mirrors. With this little addition, I feel that I can now see everything I need to along the side of the truck.

#64 ·
I came from a '02 Ford dually and the as soon as my hit the seat at the dealer the first thing I noticed as you can't see much with the mirrors down in this Ram. Now I know why Ford went with those dumb looking bolt on fender extensions. One of the reasons I bought this Ram was the molded body sides, think it looks fantastic but visibility definitely suffers....I have to use my tow mirrors out with any trailer I pull....I can't even see my small trailer with the body sides back there. I do like the Ford mirror better, don't care for the flip flop, wish they stayed on the same position in or out.....just my thoughts

#65 ·
The manufacturer of any vehicle can't satisfy the needs of every person. They have to meet the requirements of most purchasers needs.
The Ram mirrors do that!

#67 ·
HAHAHAHAHA? Funny as hell. This thread made me laugh. I like the pics with the OOOOOOOOOOOOverly extended mirrors. I didn't know it was possible but actually I'm thinking of getting those little mirrors that dentist use to check your fillings. Factory mirrors are way too big.

I like the pic of the truck with the huge full body length mirrors. They look like the mirrors you stick behind your bathroom door at home. Hell, with mirrors like that you don't need an engine. just catch the wind.
I like the 17 foot mirrors too. Guess you can just fold them back along the body. getting in and out though.

Thank you people for making me laugh. Was worth it.

#69 ·
On my 2500 they stay tipped up all the time. Sure they look stupid, but at least I can pretty much eliminate the blind spots on either side of the pickup. I do fold them in when I park. Ford's mirrors are much better and wish Chrysler would just copy them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#73 ·
Pops was using my truck one time. He flipped the mirrors down and adjusted them for him. I figured I'd give it a go. Adjusted them for me. went to do a lane change and almost side swiped a lil Prius. He was pissed, I tried explaining to him that my mirrors were down, well, not really, he stopped at the next light to get out and yell at me, it's a good thing the light turned green cause heda been one embarrassed pops infront of his kid. Moral of story, tow mirrors out!

Reactions: dvpvic and 99dodge
#74 ·
I had the non-tow on my 2012.. bought a set of tow mirrors... I like the looks of the non version but while pulling the trailer, cant beat the tow ones.... oh and if anyone wants em, Ill sell em cheap! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.