Cummins Diesel Forum banner

SiriusXM Renewal $

21K views 175 replies 66 participants last post by  hooked55 
#1 ·
Just renewed today because the trial period is ending on both my 2015 Ram and my wife's 2016 Dodge Charger. 6 months of service for $28 which includes taxes for each vehicle. $4.60 a month for service per vehicle is pretty good IMO...and yes my service seems to cut off at times which is irritating but 99% of the time it works great. I just thought I'd throw the deal out there in case anybody was wondering what the going rate is today.

Reactions: lzhome
#3 ·
How many people were you transferred to and about how long did you spend on the phone? I have heard that deal is available, but you had to haggle with them quite a bit.

#7 ·
I was transferred to no one. I listened patiently to her sales job and then told her i wanted the $25/6mo offer per vehicle or I'm done with their service. She immediately accepted. I did go from All Access to the Select package. The difference was a few less channels such as Howard Stern, NFL and a few other channels I don't listen to anyway. I usually only listen to Classic Rewind, 80's, 70's, classic country and Fox News. Took about 15 minutes on the phone.

Reactions: Larrymac
#6 ·
Isn't worth the hassle, my time is more valuable than this. Three operators and three times they ask for my address etc. still they get it wrong on their follow up emails. Ask for a U.S. Operator and even less co-operation. Let's go to another provider......any suggestions?

Caution with these people they'll access your card without notification. Watch your statements.

#10 ·
Another option is to see if your credit card provider will give you a "virtual" card number. In my case, one of my providers will give me a virtual number, let me specify a maximum charge on it, and an expiration (set well before the auto renewal). The card number won't work after that date, and if you set the maximum charge to the amount they initially charge, that's all she wrote. That way, if they still try to auto-renew when you tell them no (as they have done in the past), it won't work.

#15 ·
I have had no issues with them, they are fine in my book. In fact, last month I forgot:eek:ldtimer: (cue the hulkfor a smart azz comment):stirpot: about the auto renewal on my soon to be gone Jetta TDI. When I saw the credit card charge, I called them up, they cancelled it with no hassle, credited my card in two days. With no sat radio in the Jetta now, I have been reminded how painful AM/FM radio is........:banghead:

Sam

#22 ·
I've had XM since 2004. I've never had an issue...other than my current RAM cuts out more than any other vehicle I've owned...and the audio is always great. To me it's priceless on a long drive especially out west where regular radio sucks and huge areas with no LTE/cell service.

#27 ·
I've been on 5 months for $25 on my Wife's Suburban for 2 years now; will do the same on my Ram once the trial is over. Funny thing is that every time I call in and tell them I want to extend my 5 for $25 they say "sure, we can do that, but" and then proceed to pitch their really good deal of "12 months for $78" - I always chuckle and ponder if these people have ever taken a simple math class lol!

#28 ·
What channels do you miss out on if you take their $25 for 5 months deal? I have a lifetime on a different radio now and I would hate to miss a live sports broadcast or something like that.

#30 ·
I just haggle for the 89.00 a year deal. I think it's fair enough and I don't have to deal with them every 5 month's.

#32 ·
Curious -

just got my renewal notice for Dec - All Access Radio with tax = 204.88 and Travel Link and traffic = 71.76 for the year.

Total = $276.74

So no way will I renew at this rate, nor will I add our Grand Cherokee coming off the 1 year trial.

Add in my Mustang and Mercedes @ $112.76 / year each and I would be topping $700 per year.

Does anyone understand their multi car pricing and potential discounts?

Is Lifetime still around - I had that years ago.

#33 ·
Not worth effort to subscribe to Sirius. I get shuttled to three foreign operators and each wanting my private info, sorry I'm done. If I can quit smoking cold....I can quit Sirius. Adios !

#34 ·
holy crap... my renewal is due 1st of next month... definitely going to be calling about that $28 deal. as long as it includes octane, road trip, 80s, and 90s, i'm on it like Blue Bonnet. i spend inordinately too much time in my truck lately to suffer through FM radio surfing, i have no idea how to download digital files for the head unit, verizon sucks with data rates on an iphone4 (yep, still rocking that dinosaur) and work gets kinda miffed if i stream audio on their phone, and i'm too lazy to change CDs every hour.

#35 ·
Just called and renewed 3 different radios for a discount, all during the same call. The first idiot you talk to can't help you, they have to transfer me to a management idiot.

I put them all on 6 month program for $29.99 each.
now my Ram expires on 1/11 so I set my email calendar to alert me that Friday before so I can renew that one.

but this subscribe per radio is BS. I can't be at my office desk, AND driving my Ram AND my Chevy all the same time, but I have to pay 3 subscriptions.

#36 ·
I renewed my truck in August for $28 for 6 months. I always call a day or two before the subscription ends. I usually renew for the $28 amount. Yes, the 12 month deal they try to give makes no sense. From what I understand, the Lifetime Subscription is no longer available.

#37 ·
Just renewed my truck subscription. They wanted $230.
I told them I'm not paying for a SiriusXM radio that I only get a signal 1/2 the time. Renewed for $99 CAD for the year. That works out to $8.25 per month for full access. I can live with that.

I had 2 portables that I removed from my subscription since I don't have the need anymore. Sold the boat and the Class A DP.

#41 ·
wow, that deal is gone. Now its $25 something for 5 months. I really hate sirius. Way too much money for what you get.
since this is the season where my truck sites most of the time, I guess I should have let it expire and see what deals they called me back with.

#42 ·
sonofa...

just did my renewal in december and "downgraded" from all-access to the mid-level plan (music plus or something) for $35 for six months. shoulda held out for that $25 deal. i only listen to 4 channels of music, one comedy, and one talk channel about 99% of the time...

#43 ·
I just call in and ask for the cancellation dept. Tell them renew it for the same promo or cancel the acct. Miraculously they have done this for almost 12 years.

6 months for $25 bucks. I just set a calendar appointment in my phone to call them 1 day before it's due.

I just renewed it today. They offered 5 months..said nope same promo or bye. Ok sir 6 months it is.

#45 ·
Is that for the full package or the "mostly music" package? I'm just about to call!

#46 ·
Make sure you call them before it expires or you might get the automatic renewal at full price. Then it gets complicated to get it undone as they turn it over to a collection agency. I just say same as last year or turn it off. I really like it but I could live without it.

#47 ·
I called back and re-negotiated my truck. Full access without Sports and Howard Stern at $25.00 for 6 months set on renewal. I'll do the same with my wife's car at renewal.

#48 ·
Just got pooched. Despite NOT authorizing recurrent charges (verbally and very clearly) they went ahead and rolled me off promo rate for 5-month select for $35. So the only option was either $18 a month to keep it (eff no, snake) or downgrade from Select to Mostly Music for $12 a month. Guess I lose ch301 (road trip radio, which is a great channel).

Seriously, why are these companies such friggin' criminals?

Hopefully in Nov when I have to deal with them again some promo will be available that I'll upgrade back to Select.

#49 ·
I think they are a rip off and it just gives dealers a selling point, "oh look here's Sirus Radio its free for a year." It isn't free its calculated into the price of your stereo.
About the time you remember what is on which channel they change up the numbers and drop reprogramming which rearranges the channel numbers. BS.
I like free radio and my Ipod music. I do miss my travel link weather radar, but that's about it and i have weather radar on my phone anyway.

#50 ·
I really hate playing games. My opinion of SiriusXM the company is very low due to their dishonesty as they try to sell you on their regular deal ($$$ per month) then their $99 for 12 months deal, then their "best" promo (6 months for $48) and then somehow are able to come up with a better deal ($5 months for $25) and apparently even a better one (6 months for that same $25). I am not a bit surprised they auto-renewed you at full price even after you told them not to and they said they would not. I got into a discussion with them about it 6 months ago when I decided to start my service back up and it was obvious they would make me jump through hoops to turn off auto-renew and then it would "accidentally" get turned back on anyway. Screw that. I have a calendar event to tell me when to cancel and "renew". But all the dishonesty and game playing makes me think again about canceling for good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.