Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2019 Limited Treasure Hunt

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Grit dog 
#1 ·
I doubt anyone else will see this issue but the point is not to doubt yourself and assume things are done right, I've had nothing but bad luck with my new truck, I'm fussy yes, but when troubleshooting aircraft for a living most prefer this handicap haha..
I knew I had a noise in my truck, not a wind whistle but a gap or hole of some sort that I could hear at speed or when the wind was on the passenger side. Some could hear it, some could care less lol, it drove me nuts but I found it... You can use your own judgment....
Narrowed it down to about 2" space on the rear window, I had to pull the clamp out that holds the rear slider window cable, there is was.. A defective or damaged rear window casing and the " Hole " in my truck that sounds like like distorted speaker at speed.....

Cheers.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
You sure that’s not one of the rear window drains?

#6 ·
I have the same noise, coming from the same area.
Thanks for tracking this noise down....when I can get around to it, I will see if mine is the same.

I hate taking vehicles back to the dealer for certain things...this being one!
I'm sure if I did it would end up being noisier...or the window would leak during a rain shower.

Do you plan on sealing it with silicone or ?

I wish I could add photos to posts...but this site won't let me upload any!

#9 ·
Nice detective work there 929! That would have drove me nuts too.

Reactions: Nine2Nine
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.