Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection Removal - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection Removal & Alfa OBD

I'm thinking of ordering a 2020 Crew Cab Long Bed Diesel Big Horn. The plan would be to remove the factory bed and replace with a highway products stongback flatbed. After test driving a 2019 with the towing technology group, I fell in love with all the camera's. This would be a huge benefit since we plan to explore offroad with this big arse truck. According to highway products, the flatbed will be able to accommodate the backup camera and rear park sense. Since the blind spot/cross path detection sensor is built in the factory tail lights, I will not be able to incorporate this feature into the flatbed.

Will I be able to disable blind spot & cross path detection so that I don't have warning lights/error messages on my dash?

Is it as simple as removing a module and reprogramming the computer?

Towing Technology Group
$1,095
Mirror-Mounted Auxiliary Reverse Lamps
Power-Adjustable Convex Auxiliary Mirrors
Center High-Mount Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera
Power Heated Mirrors with Power Fold-Away
Surround-View Camera
Trailer Reverse Guidance
Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection (Truck Only) (Unavailable with some configurations

EDIT:
Wonder if it’d be possible to go in with Alfa OBD and turn off / disable XAN?
Anybody with alfa OBD, 2020 ram, and blind spot & cross path detection can try this for me? I want to see what disabling does.

@TheRAMadaINN 2020 CCLB HO Laramie 4x4, Red/Night Edition. Highway Products Flatbed & Hallmark Truck Camper UTE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRAMadaINN View Post
Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection (Truck Only) (Unavailable with some configurations
I would see if it's possible to order it in one of these configurations, or talk to the dealer about ordering the truck with a bed delete, that should have it made without anything that is built into the bed, IE built into the tail lights

2018 Ram 3500 Limited - Crew Cab Long Box 4x4 SRW Stock at the moment, but that will change
Make your puddle lights great again!
SUPPORT SITE VENDORS, THEY MAKE ALL THIS POSSIBLE
HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki223 View Post
I would see if it's possible to order it in one of these configurations, or talk to the dealer about ordering the truck with a bed delete, that should have it made without anything that is built into the bed, IE built into the tail lights
bed delete only available on the hemi...I'd rather have the cummins and warning light

https://www.ramtrucks.com/ram-commer...ers-guide.html

MY 2019 or later vehicles with The following options are not recommended for box removal.
o Surround View (Sales Code XAK)
o Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection (Sales Code XAN)

@TheRAMadaINN 2020 CCLB HO Laramie 4x4, Red/Night Edition. Highway Products Flatbed & Hallmark Truck Camper UTE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:34 PM
White Lightning

Thanked 6,058 Times in 3,299 Posts
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Wonder if itd be possible to go in with Alfa OBD and turn off / disable XAN?
Loki223 likes this.

2018 RAM 4500 Chassis Tradesman Crew Cab 60 C/A 4WD, 6.7L Cummins, AISIN AS69RC Transmission, 4.10 Axle Ratio, Chrome Appearance Group, Keyless Entry, Fog Lamps, Chrome Tubular Steps, 52+22 gallon fuel tanks, 5.0 Radio, Single Disc CD Player, 225/70R19.5 Firestone FD690s, Aluminum Wheels, Parkview Backup Camera, Trailer Brake Controller. Equipped with a CM SK Series flatbed w/B&W Turnover Ball. Purchased new April 23, 2018. Currently : 196,704 miles and 3,437 hours as of January 27th, 2020 (Average Miles Per Hour = 57.2)
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 12:44 PM

Garage
I would imagine you could, however you'd have to go back in and do ti again whenever the dealer does a reflash for any other reason IIRC

Also, that makes no sense, that the only way to order a truck with a bed delete is to go gas. that...that doesn't sound right. I'm not saying your wrong, it just doesn't sound right.

What about ordering a 3500 SRW C&C? i think that is an option these days
Jimmy N. likes this.

2018 Ram 3500 Limited - Crew Cab Long Box 4x4 SRW Stock at the moment, but that will change
HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
I would imagine you could, however you'd have to go back in and do ti again whenever the dealer does a reflash for any other reason IIRC

Also, that makes no sense, that the only way to order a truck with a bed delete is to go gas. that...that doesn't sound right. I'm not saying your wrong, it just doesn't sound right.

What about ordering a 3500 SRW C&C? i think that is an option these days
Not sure on the logic behind gas = delete, diesel = no delete. It'd be nice to be able to order the truck down to every detail regardless of combinations but they don't allow us. I'm sure it boils down to money, efficiency and eliminating potential for error. Just like the 4.10 gear ratio, can only get it with a dually or the max tow package with air ride. I don't want air ride or a dually, so I don't get oem 4.10's.

Ordering a srw c&c is an option but not for me. I plan to customize the truck for offroad travel so getting parts becomes more challenging for a c&c, such as sliders, suspension. and 200 less lbft of torque on the c&c, also need room for a spare tire.

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Could it be as simple as disabling sales code XAN? It doesn't need to be replaced with a different sales code? If so, I could have the dealer do that for a minimal charge.

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 02:54 PM

Garage
Sounds like you might want to talk to @Indytruckchampion and see what really can be done for custom ordering the truck

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 03:13 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRAMadaINN View Post
... also need room for a spare tire.
I'd much rather find a place for the spare than not having the 52 gallons of fuel that goes in that space on a C&C.

Maybe if we start telling people that the brain is an app, they will start using it?

'14 1500 V6, '17 3500 C&C, plus a '19 3500 6.4 in the household.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Sounds like you might want to talk to @Indytruckchampion and see what really can be done for custom ordering the truck
Been there done that. Where do you think I got my info?
Loki223 likes this.

post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
I'd much rather find a place for the spare than not having the 52 gallons of fuel that goes in that space on a C&C.
good point. However, I'm planning to order a 2020 crew cab long bed, which according to FCA will have a 50gal fuel tank as standard equipment.

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbrockman View Post
Wonder if itd be possible to go in with Alfa OBD and turn off / disable XAN?
Anybody with alfa OBD, 2020 ram, and blind spot & cross path detection can try this for me? I want to see what disabling does.

My ram is set to arrive soon and will be replacing with a flatbed. I can incorporate all features except blind spot/cross path detect since the sensors are in the tail lights which will be removed. The goal is to install the flat bed and not have any warning messages on the evic, or any other errors/oddities due to removal of the tail lights.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode