Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/)
-   2019+ General Discussion (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2019-general-discussion/)
-   -   AISIN alone is worth going 3500 vs 2500 (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2019-general-discussion/2509483-aisin-alone-worth-going-3500-vs-2500-a.html)

keepcalm0311 08-25-2019 11:10 AM

AISIN alone is worth going 3500 vs 2500

Prove me wrong.

the man in black 08-25-2019 11:18 AM

Do you need the Asin? Are you towing heavy all the time? Did your other thread not answer this question already..

keepcalm0311 08-25-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the man in black (Post 29070239)
Do you need the Asin? Are you towing heavy all the time? Did your other thread not answer this question already..

I have no issues being right up front. I did not need the 3500, but I did was the AISIN. I drive my trucks in the ground, I do not purchase every few years.

From all the homework I have done over the past year on the Aisin, it is an absolute brute. Especially if you do not plan on throwing more HP through it.

the man in black 08-25-2019 11:24 AM

Same could be said for the 68. Its not a bad trans at stock or more power with tuning. If you want the aisin then get it.

keepcalm0311 08-25-2019 11:27 AM

You don't need it but you want it. Every guy knows the drill.

the man in black 08-25-2019 11:32 AM

If you want it, get it. Either will be fine for you. The 68 has longer service intervals I belive but you seem to be determined the aisin is better so buy it.

Regal2800 08-25-2019 11:36 AM

There is really nothing wrong with the 68. I had it three years and not one problem. Other have had it years on end towing daily and not an issue. The Aisin is a tougher trans and u should get it if u feel you need it or simply want it. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 68 imo. Tons of after market parts and tuning are perfect examples of reasons one would actually prefer the 68

cux211 08-25-2019 12:15 PM

there's good and bad to both if I was hauling heavy all the time and didnt plan to tune yeah I'd go aisin but keep in mind price tag of aisin plus 3500 no trans tuning available and doesn't like any added power for those reasons I went 2500

MileHiGuy 08-25-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cux211 (Post 29070317)
there's good and bad to both if I was hauling heavy all the time and didnt plan to tune yeah I'd go aisin but keep in mind price tag of aisin plus 3500 no trans tuning available and doesn't like any added power for those reasons I went 2500

This.
If you donít like how the truck runs, your pretty much stuck because the Aisin canít be tuned. I live at high altitude and the dead pedal and slowness drives me nuts but there is not much I can seem to do about it. Tried with a emissions in tact tune from calibrated power and it only made more top end power and nothing to improve response and low end. In fact it towed worse in the lower rpm range so I removed it and now have an expensive paperweight.

Drove a 19 Aisin and although the 3.73ís help, I am not convinced that it is enough of an improvement for me.

Burn'n Oil 08-27-2019 05:35 AM

I love my Aisin tranny. It's overkill for what I need a truck to do but so be it. It shifts like a modified Torqueflite with a high-stall converter. Sweet! :grin2:

bluestar435 08-31-2019 05:59 PM

I had a 2500 for about 10k miles before trading it off on a 3500 with aisin. 68 shifts nicer while not towing, 2500 was 2.5 m/gal easier on fuel , and probably would have done me just as good as a job as the aisin. I had the money to spend on the upgrade so I did. Would I I do it again, probably, but the added cost and fuel consumption when empty would be something for me to consider. Reason for the trade was a front end issue that FCA refused to acknowledge and nothing to do with trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridofpwrstroke 08-31-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileHiGuy (Post 29070747)
This.
If you donít like how the truck runs, your pretty much stuck because the Aisin canít be tuned. I live at high altitude and the dead pedal and slowness drives me nuts but there is not much I can seem to do about it. Tried with a emissions in tact tune from calibrated power and it only made more top end power and nothing to improve response and low end. In fact it towed worse in the lower rpm range so I removed it and now have an expensive paperweight.

Drove a 19 Aisin and although the 3.73ís help, I am not convinced that it is enough of an improvement for me.

I have the Aisin and I am tuned. I also added the throttle sensitivity booster and the Aisin has been awesome. I run the 100 hp tune empty and 50 hp tune when towing and no issues in 5 years. Shifting is great. Glad the C&C come with the Aisin. The throttle sensitivity booster really gets rid of the dead pedal. Very touchy now. The TSB and EFI live really work well together.