I'm interested - questions for current 2019 owners - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert1 View Post
For me the painted bumper on the black rig is a definite turn off. Not sure why Ram thought painted bumpers was a hot trend
Itís called sport package. Theyíre not forcing painted bumpers. Some of us have liked that sport package on our trucks since the 2nd gen days.

I have a truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:20 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

Should I bother with the 12" display? Is it as responsive as a Tesla screen? Is it a pain to operate while in motion?

The 12” screen is great in both split mode and especially in full screen nav mode, you can actually see ahead where your next turn is.

Should I bother with adaptive cruise control? Does the system work well in traffic? Will it stop at a red light if a car is in front of you?

This is great and I use it all the time, it will also hit the brakes when not on cruise if someone stops quickly or pulls out in front of you. The 360 camera is great because it warns you of someone riding in your blind spot (especially when towing) by the lighted triangles built into your mirrors. If you hit your blinker when someone is in your blind spot it will beep at you.

As you can tell those were must haves for me and as another poster said “Wait and get the color and options you want” These truck are too dang expensive to purchase to have any regrets (not getting options desired)if that makes sense.
_ICEMAN_ likes this.

2019 2500 CC CTD 4WD Limited
2016 3500 CTD CC 4WD Laramie
2017 2500 Power Wagon (sold )
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 07:42 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

I am looking at Laramie and up trim packages for a possible upgrade. I would say at least 80% of current inventory has painted bumpers. Which in my opinion is a downgrade. Also vast majority are white or black. Done had both, I don't want another dangit. This seems true for all the automakers, you can have any color you want as long as its black, white or silver.

2001 2500 24v HD/6 spd man/stock SOLD!
2013 Ram 2500 4WD Crew Cab 149 Laramie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 08:49 PM
Cummins Nut

Chrome bumpers is like stained honey oak trim. Looked good once. Love my sport trucks. Sharp looking. Chrome is dated.

If buying new get what you want unless itís a smoking deal. 12Ē screen can be added. I like white but the black truck is nice. Unless you have the white one a little makeover into a SAP look.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 09:47 PM

I have the 12” screen and HK system both are nice but not worth the price. 8” screen and standard sound are great; huge value when compared to the 12”/HK.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

So

Guys in Kissimmee (Napleton Dodge) tried to go 5k above website price (website price included dealer discount, not manufacturer conditional rebates), but I eventually got them down back to it. Was a little miffed because they offered 50% of kbb for trading my 105k mile 2004 in, but whatever, I donít mind selling myself.

I was going to bring them down just a couple grand more on the price after lunch, but after I came back, the salesman was gone and the sales manager tried to claim they paid 5k under msrp for the truck. Nonsense of course. As I was about to walk out, I said that there are dealers in Texas that hold their online prices. Sales manager said, "That sounds like a better idea for you." What a tool, lol.

Tbh, after trying out the 12Ē, it is just not all that great for me. Itís a little too awkward, and controls are difficult to access with the multiple menus. If Chrysler were to look at some of Tesla UI for their MCUs, theyíd know what is wrong right away. Guess you get spoiled once youíve been exposed once to something better...

I actually found another truck in Texas that has the exact config Iím looking for, so when Iím in Houston, Iíll take a look at it. Until then, ✌🏼.

I have a truck.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:48 AM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Give @Indytruckchampion a message.

He doesn’t beat around the bush.

19 2500 Longhorn Mega 4x4

11 SRT8 Challenger M6 - Corsa; 295 Nittos

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 07:16 AM
Cummins Fanatic

I too am an advocate for the Sports Appearance pkg. It's a matter of opinion, if you like it wait for it. Dealers in Texas will usually have a large selection from what I've seen. Another plus for the Sports Appearance (For me) is the black headliner and inserts. I hated how no matter how much I tried to keep my 13's clean, a smudge would somehow find it's way on it. Good luck. Sports appearance or not. chrome or no chrome, these rigs are awesome.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ICEMAN_ View Post
I too am an advocate for the Sports Appearance pkg. It's a matter of opinion, if you like it wait for it. Dealers in Texas will usually have a large selection from what I've seen. Another plus for the Sports Appearance (For me) is the black headliner and inserts.
This is a big reason I'm sticking to the sport package, otherwise, I wouldn't care so much. Years down the road, I could always paint the chrome to freshen up the look, but headlining (for me) is permanent until it falls down.

I have a truck.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsturbofreak View Post
...but headlining (for me) is permanent until it falls down.
Absolutely! In hot-as-heck Texas, it also makes me feel like I am in some sort of shade lol
Riverside Jeep likes this.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

So, I pulled the trigger on the one in Kissimmee since they were able to match a discount I saw on one in Livingston, TX. Still expensive, but I wanted to take advantage of the 0% Financing for 36 months....

I can't pick it up until Monday or Tuesday when the insurance company lifts restrictions due to a hurricane.... Oh well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190831_1758549~2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	855523   Click image for larger version

Name:	F8493B84-37C6-41AC-8E09-0FADF3D139DA.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	850.3 KB
ID:	855525  
dillonjm and AngryBeaver like this.

I have a truck.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 09:08 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

You might want to rethink the statement "Joke of a hurricane".
Dorian is going to be disastrous when it makes landfall.

2019 2500 CC CTD 4WD Limited
2016 3500 CTD CC 4WD Laramie
2017 2500 Power Wagon (sold )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode