139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:44 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownmember View Post
...And how do you REPAIR something if it hasn't FAILED.
LOL. No response. Just memorializing the quote.

cwendel likes this.

2019 3500 La Puta (HO) and made in USA 2005 F350 V10.
California roads suck with either truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
Quote:
Well if your pump fails which I hope it doesn't, dump a bbn little water in your tank before you take it in.
You really ought to be ashamed of yourself for advocating insurance fraud.

I understand where you're coming from, but two wrongs don't make a right, and that's a lot of what's wrong with this world.
I'll be ashamed of myself when insurance companies are ashamed of themselves. I was half joking...even the service advisor joked and told me that. Let's not get started on what's wrong with this world right now lol.
cwendel likes this.
post #63 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 04:25 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by N of 60 View Post
There is even less sulphur in Europe,s refined diesel. It’s just that the fuel is more refined. Nothing to do with sulphur as the lubricant.
The difference that I read is Euro diesel has up to 20% biodiesel mixed in, which makes the pump last longer. If the US would do the same, then all diesel fuel systems would greatly benefit.

I read just 2% biodiesel added in increases lubricity greatly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 04:30 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Well I started this thread right before buying a new truck . After going through a CP4 failure personally, I decided to stay away from them. Even if I have a warranty on a 19 Ram, I just didn't want to even deal with it again. In my 2011 Duramax, after paying $9k to fix it, all they did was put the same pump back in it and give me a 2yr warranty. So after 2 yrs I'd be back in the same boat. So IF, IF the 19 Rams have failures...there will be no fix either. Neither GM or Ford has been able to FIX the Bosch pumps. That is why GM got rid of the system all together. Otherwise they would have replaced failed ones with a FIX and not switched systems in 2017. And as much as I like the looks of Fords, why have they not learned from their mistake yet? Are they really that dumb? Their 18s are failing and they didn't change anything in the 19s so...lol.

I will say I drove a 2019 Denali Duramax, then drove a 2018 Ram Longhorn...Ram was hands down a nicer truck. Better interior and smoother ride. The Rams 3.42 gears are the only downfall, and not having an Allison. I know a lot of Ram owners though and no tranny issues yet. The ONLY other truck I thought about was a 2020 Duramax Denali which I actually got to look at, but the 2018 Longhorn was still nicer and a lot cheaper. We still have a lot of 2018s on the lots here in California, but not sure about you're area. I got a 100% loaded Longhorn for $19k off sticker!
Good choice, I also would refuse to buy any engine with the cp4 pump, its a disaster. Why suffer, you know its going to fail, so dont buy an engine that uses it.
post #65 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:57 PM
Diesel Head

hey Nordic not gona believe this I just picked up my 19 and went into the garage at the dealer to ask the diesel tech a few questions I almost puked as soon as I walked in I see a 19 with the cab off and a brand new complete motor with all accessories from cummins sitting on a pallet I asked the tech what happened was it a cp4 failure he laughed and said yep I asked him why mopar sent an entire engine he said they didn't cummins did they wanted the whole thing replaced because it was their name on the line and they want the whole shootin match sent back to them so they can tare it down

06 laramie mega debadged 5'' tbe, s&b cai, gdp 5.9 airboss, ats arcflow, airdogII 165/w beans sump, isspro gauges,arp 625's, firepunk comp2, hamilton 103's,extreme duty push tubes,ED/S&S 100%overs,ats duel pumps, efi by Gordon, SD 5 blade compounds on the way
post #66 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:10 PM
CF Chapter President

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cux211 View Post
I asked the tech what happened was it a cp4 failure he laughed and said yep
Can we say this is the first CP4 failure witnessed by someone on this forum?

2015 - 3.0 Ecodiesel/Big Horn/1500/QCSB/4x4/8HP70
2019 - John Deere 1025R/120R Loader/260 Backhoe
2019 - Iron Bull/Equipment Trailer/83Ēx16'/10,000 GVWR
2018 - Iron Bull/Dump Trailer/6'x12'/10,000 GVWR
2016 - Arctic Fox/22G Travel Trailer/LP Cummins Onan Generator
Stihl saws - MS 271 Farm Boss, 034, HT 56 C-E
post #67 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:12 PM
CF Chapter President

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdowney717 View Post
The difference that I read is Euro diesel has up to 20% biodiesel mixed in, which makes the pump last longer. If the US would do the same, then all diesel fuel systems would greatly benefit.

I read just 2% biodiesel added in increases lubricity greatly.
Biodiesel is your friend! I try to use it in every tank.

post #68 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cux211 View Post
hey Nordic not gona believe this I just picked up my 19 and went into the garage at the dealer to ask the diesel tech a few questions I almost puked as soon as I walked in I see a 19 with the cab off and a brand new complete motor with all accessories from cummins sitting on a pallet I asked the tech what happened was it a cp4 failure he laughed and said yep I asked him why mopar sent an entire engine he said they didn't cummins did they wanted the whole thing replaced because it was their name on the line and they want the whole shootin match sent back to them so they can tare it down

WOW

First confirmed then!

Good on Cummins but thatís insanity.

Part of me wants to say I hope they (Cummins) does a significant recall.

and it starts folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab H.O. Patriot Blue aka The Patriot Bus
19 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 20x10 -19 Hostiles, Borla S-Type aka the Wifes Wagon
post #69 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:20 PM
CF Chapter President

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicNevs View Post
WOW

First confirmed then!

Good on Cummins but thatís insanity.

Part of me wants to say I hope they (Cummins) does a significant recall.

and it starts folks

I wish we had more facts, like how many miles were on the engine. We can make the assumption that bad fuel wasn't the problem since FCA/Cummins is replacing the entire engine. I'm now wondering if Cummins made the ultimate decision to use the CP4 and not so much Ram making that decision????

post #70 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 01:04 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

Maybe the first 2019, but not the first ram failure if you consider the ecodiesels.

2001 2500 24v HD/6 spd man/stock SOLD!
2013 Ram 2500 4WD Crew Cab 149 Laramie
post #71 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:12 AM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselenthusiast View Post
I wish we had more facts, like how many miles were on the engine. We can make the assumption that bad fuel wasn't the problem since FCA/Cummins is replacing the entire engine. I'm now wondering if Cummins made the ultimate decision to use the CP4 and not so much Ram making that decision????
Got to question their sanity, seeing all the problems with this pump, who made this decision and why to use a known bad pump. Maybe some kind of incentive like money involved. Yes, their reputation is on the line and they are failing, could not learn from GM and Ford's mistakes? Too proud? Hoping they can get past the warantee so the owners have to pay their thousands of dollars to fix and not them just so they can save a few dollars on every engine?

Denso HP4 pump is built just like the CP4 pump. I also blame Bosch, you know they were involved. Their reputation is crap, IMO. There is a lot of pure corporate greed playing out here, and the truck buyers are the ones who pay.

If this disaster hits their sales sufficiently, then they will actually make changes for the better not the worse..
post #72 of 233 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:21 AM
Cummins Nut

Looking at the history of the diesel engine in cars and trucks sold to everyday people, most of them do not have a very good history. Many poor decisions have been made by car and truck makers. Every goof up by them destroys diesel credibility further in the eyes of the public. The war against diesel is not only coming from politicians and bureaucrats and EPA, these car and truck companies share a big part in it. IMO, it is mostly mortally wounded, and we may see them mostly gone away in a few years from new vehicle sales.

The war against diesel is real, and could possibly even be planned, creating deliberate situations like we see, like emissions scandals, lousy fuels by design, poor engine designs, outlawing them to be driven in various regions to make them go away.

The war on coal is much further along than that on diesel and pretty evident to all how coal is being destroyed as an energy option (except for India and China). And same thing has happened with nuclear power. They cant build economical to run plants due to regulatory overburdens, and have not allowed safe new designs to be built either.

If electric vehicles become common, then the war will be on gasoline engines. Technocrats and politicians already have dates planned to destroy gasoline engine sales in a few decades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode