Dealers with large inventory - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Dealers with large inventory

What dealers besides Kernersville Ram have a lot of 2019's in stock? I emailed them and they came back with a price that was a $100 less than MSRP. That's insane. None of the dealers around Charlotte have anything that I really like in stock. I'm willing to travel a ways.

2018 Ram 3500 Dually w/Aisin and 4.10's

2014 Laramie Mega 2500 BAP - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:52 AM
railer and bailer

Thanked 1,045 Times in 846 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
i just bought mine from southpoint doge in austin. they had quite a big selection...

jason

closet poster

'19 2500
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 11:42 AM
Diesel Head

Dave Smith
philhyde likes this.

06 Auto single cab long bed stockish
08 G56A Maga cab- Deleted/Anarchy reverse leveled
12 68RFE Mega cab- Deleted/smarty jr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 12:54 PM
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benyo View Post
Dave Smith
will screw you over if given the opportunity

As someone that is local to them, they order things in on the cheap side, and sell on the high side. And then to top it off they will customize vehicles and call it some special edition, and they will do it very poorly. The last time i was out there i walked around several that they had inside to "show off" and they couldn't even get their custom badges on straight, on any of them. They were crooked enough that my quick walk around it i noticed it. If they can't stick on a badge for a fake special edition straight, how can you expect them to do anything else remotely correctly? no. Stay away from dave smith.
rtoledo2002 likes this.

2018 Ram 3500 Limited - Crew Cab Long Box 4x4 SRW Stock at the moment, but that will change
Make your puddle lights great again!
SUPPORT SITE VENDORS, THEY MAKE ALL THIS POSSIBLE
HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 12:55 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,369 Times in 797 Posts
You're not going to get a good price right now. Ram has decided that not only are they going to raise prices, they're going to limit rebates and incentives. This has resulted in a massive price increase over last model year. As a result, the 2019s out west are stacking up on the lots just as the 2018s did (and to some extent still are).

Even the dealers who seem to offer decent pricing on a 2019 - somewhere in the vicinity of 15% off - are doing so under the guise of "special offers" which is nothing but a gimmick. You have to be a REALTOR for two different $500 rebates, an FFA member for another $500, etc. They do this because they know hardly anybody qualifies. If you don't absolutely need a truck, right now is the best time to not buy.

'97 3500 4x4 CC DRW, 4.10, Banks PP, BD tc, vb, eb, 60# springs, Torqloc, gauges, Weatherguard, B&W...
'92 CC W350 DRW sold '92 CC D350 DRW sold '12 Laramie CC 3500 4x4 SRW sold
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 01:31 PM
railer and bailer

Thanked 1,045 Times in 846 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
^ this is true. just went through the different rebates and there were some really weird ones.
my sales guy ran down a list of 10 or 15 specialties, some were surprising...

jason

closet poster

'19 2500
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki223 View Post
will screw you over if given the opportunity

As someone that is local to them, they order things in on the cheap side, and sell on the high side. And then to top it off they will customize vehicles and call it some special edition, and they will do it very poorly. The last time i was out there i walked around several that they had inside to "show off" and they couldn't even get their custom badges on straight, on any of them. They were crooked enough that my quick walk around it i noticed it. If they can't stick on a badge for a fake special edition straight, how can you expect them to do anything else remotely correctly? no. Stay away from dave smith.
Interesting, I haven't bought there in about 3 years, but i have bought two truck from them and i live out of the state and they were always fair to me and were negotiable on price, picked me up form the airport all that
USMC8511 likes this.

06 Auto single cab long bed stockish
08 G56A Maga cab- Deleted/Anarchy reverse leveled
12 68RFE Mega cab- Deleted/smarty jr.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 04:18 PM
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi

Garage
They put on a good show. But there are shops out here that won't even touch a truck with their name on it. I've looked through what they have, pretty regularly, and they tend to mildly equip things so yeah, you might have a Laramie, but it'll be a base Laramie, and they will sell it like it's a decked out Laramie. You need to look really closely at the options list on their trucks. I'm sure there are a few unicorns that slip through them, but generally the trucks they sell are not as well optioned as other trucks at the same price point. But that's just what i've seen. I actually recently had a fantastic interaction with one of their salesmen at their frontier sales site in CDA. But i was looking at a used truck, the issue with that deal came down to them not offering anything for trade in. They did the whole "we got this one wrong, so i can't offer you anything better on your trade in" deal. Which is just a line to maximize profit. But that's what the boss man put down, not what the salesmen did. If you really want to deal with a decent honest dealer in the Spokane/CDA area, i personally prefer Dishman. They might not have the nationwide sales force, but they order things how customers really want them, and i haven't seen any gimmicks or BS from 'em. and neither has anyone else i know, everyone's had good experiences there. Just my 2 cents

2018 Ram 3500 Limited - Crew Cab Long Box 4x4 SRW Stock at the moment, but that will change
Make your puddle lights great again!
SUPPORT SITE VENDORS, THEY MAKE ALL THIS POSSIBLE
HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:21 PM

I got mine for ~9k off MSRP in Vernon, TX.

2019 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn MegaCab Patriot Pearl Blue
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:47 AM
Diesel Head

Minnesota is right around 10% off MSRP depending on the dealer. Some discount more than others.

2014 Ram 2500HD Laramie CCSB with Cummins.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:53 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_caddy View Post
What dealers besides Kernersville Ram have a lot of 2019's in stock? I emailed them and they came back with a price that was a $100 less than MSRP. That's insane. None of the dealers around Charlotte have anything that I really like in stock. I'm willing to travel a ways.
I just looked at Kernersville Ram and 9.5% off 2019 Laramie CCSB with Cummins. Seems in-line with other dealers.

2014 Ram 2500HD Laramie CCSB with Cummins.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:27 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,369 Times in 797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayK View Post
I just looked at Kernersville Ram and 9.5% off 2019 Laramie CCSB with Cummins. Seems in-line with other dealers.
It's probably that bait and switch BS, or whatever you want to call it, where you express interest in the truck at the advertised price only to be told that you don't qualify. This is the sleazy part of sales that turns everybody off.
rtoledo2002 likes this.

'97 3500 4x4 CC DRW, 4.10, Banks PP, BD tc, vb, eb, 60# springs, Torqloc, gauges, Weatherguard, B&W...
'92 CC W350 DRW sold '92 CC D350 DRW sold '12 Laramie CC 3500 4x4 SRW sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode