Purchasing with Chrysler Rewards Program - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Purchasing with Chrysler Rewards Program

My employer offers 1 percent below dealer invoice special pricing. Right now I am at 5k below MSRP from the dealer. I was wondering if anyone has used this program and if it was worth it. I am curious what the actual invoice that the dealer pays is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 2500 4x4 CCSB, G56 Gorilla Juiced, H&S Mini Maxx, 5" TBE, DPF and EGR/Cooler MIA, SB DD3250, ARP 625s, 2nd gen Manifold Swap, Stainless Diesel Manifold, BW S467.7, GDP Open Breather, 6" BDS Long Arm, Carli Springs, 37" Toyo MT's, 17x9 Fuel Throttles (+1), Mag-Hytec rear Diff Cover, Claymore Hitch Cover, Tuned by Draconian Diesel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USMC SEMPER FI!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 03:06 AM
US ARMY Retired

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I used it from my Tread lightly membership. The price that I started from was the 1% below invoice price at the bottom of my New Order sheet from the dealer. The Friends and Family price or FFP number at the bottom of the page. The EP number is the Employee price right next to the FFP number. From the FFP mine was lowered by any rebates that applied at the time. When I purchased in April there weren't any rebates however I did get the military $500 and I got a $500 rebate in the mail from Ram. Then you can try to negotiate from that price with the dealer.

I heard about this on a Jeep forum...you must be a member at least 30 days prior to purchase. Once you become a Tread Lightly member they send/email you a Company code. Then you go to the Chrysler Affiliate Rewards page use the code to log in and then print your Control number from Chrysler/FCA. This and and a copy of your Tread Lightly membership letter is what the dealer needs to for you to get the FFP price (the 1% below invoice) you're allowed 2 control numbers a year. The link below explains more.

https://www.treadlightly.org/join-tread-lightly/

'19 Laramie 3500 CCSW SRW 4X4, Aisin 3:73's
SOLD: '17 Laramie 2500 CCSW 4X4 3.42's
SOLD: '11 Laramie 3500 CCSW SRW 4X4 3:73's
SOLD: '08 Laramie 2500 CCSW 4X4 3:73's "2Timothy1:7"

Last edited by Cummins0867; 07-17-2019 at 03:18 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdel325 View Post
My employer offers 1 percent below dealer invoice special pricing. Right now I am at 5k below MSRP from the dealer. I was wondering if anyone has used this program and if it was worth it. I am curious what the actual invoice that the dealer pays is.
The dealer invoice I saw when ordering a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie was just over $71k for an $80k MSRP truck. So, 1% below that is only ~$700 off--probably not enough to really get super-excited about. Not sure about the friends/family discounts though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChfEngr View Post
Quote:
The dealer invoice I saw when ordering a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie was just over $71k for an $80k MSRP truck. So, 1% below that is only ~$700 off--probably not enough to really get super-excited about. Not sure about the friends/family discounts though.
I'm just curious what the preferred pricing will be. That's the number this program goes off of. I'll just have to wait and see when the dealer gets billed from the factory.

2012 2500 4x4 CCSB, G56 Gorilla Juiced, H&S Mini Maxx, 5" TBE, DPF and EGR/Cooler MIA, SB DD3250, ARP 625s, 2nd gen Manifold Swap, Stainless Diesel Manifold, BW S467.7, GDP Open Breather, 6" BDS Long Arm, Carli Springs, 37" Toyo MT's, 17x9 Fuel Throttles (+1), Mag-Hytec rear Diff Cover, Claymore Hitch Cover, Tuned by Draconian Diesel

USMC SEMPER FI!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:00 PM
US ARMY Retired

Quote:
I'm just curious what the preferred pricing will be. That's the number this program goes off of. I'll just have to wait and see when the dealer gets billed from the factory.
As soon as the dealer speced out the truck the way that you want it built he can print a new build order sheet. At that time he does not have to place the order. On the sheet at the bottom there will 3 prices MSRP, FFP (Friends and Family, this is the 1% below invoice price) and the Employee price EP (this price is the lowest I'm not sure what percentage it is off the MSRP. The FFP price is the price, (plus tax, title and tags) that you will pay for the truck. Unless you can talk the dealer into lowering the price even more. Now their is also a HB (hold Back) price listed usually 2% of the vehicle MSRP price (usually a couple of thousand dollars). The HB the dealer gets at the end of the calendar year. FCA keeps this money until then and gives it to the dealer at the end of the for some reason not sure why. Some fast talking buyers talk the dealer into giving them this amount to lower the purchase price even lower. The dealer knows how much he will make at this time when he negotiates with the buyer even before he even orders the truck.

When I ordered mine I specs it out....then negotiated over email......then finally placed the order 7 days after the dealer built the order sheet in the system. The system will hold it until the dealer deletes the order sheet as the truck isn't actually ordered until the dealer hits the order button. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited by Cummins0867; 07-17-2019 at 01:11 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:09 PM
US ARMY Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChfEngr View Post
At a time when there are NO rebates on a new model truck that just came out and some people are paying MSRP at some dealership's.....almost 10K off the MSRP....is something to get a little excited about. Don't get my wrong I got 23% off of my 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel and that was around 13K off the MSRP. The MSRP was much lower than my 2019 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode