Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2019 Ram Back Sliding Glass- in the shop!

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  chad4039 
#1 ·
I just got my 2019 Laramie Longhorn MegaCab a few weeks ago and it's already in the shop. The back sliding glass was slow while closing the last 25% or so of it. I thought since it was new I needed to break it in and open/close it a few times. Well, it popped and cables came out and it was stuck. I closed it back and saw this plastic anchor broke and slid through the plastic railing. I dropped off at the shop and they were replacing the rail. I just got a call and the mechanics were told by MOPAR to stop what they are doing because they want to replace the entire assembly. That's the rail, the window motor, the back glass, all of it. So now I have to wait for all of the new parts and they will send my defective stuff in. Huge pain in the butt to deal with considering I just got the thing brand new.

anyone else have this issue?

#7 ·
Now they said since I closed the window that was stuck open I did more damage so it’s my responsibility to pay repairs which is about $1500. Unbelievable

#6 ·
So, a little update. The service director at the dealership quit today and the guy covering has no idea what's going on, and there were no notes on my truck. We are getting nowhere quick, folks.

#8 ·
That’s BS. Don’t quit fighting with them until it’s fixed

#12 ·
I'd call FCA, The window was already broke or you wouldn't be filing a warranty claim. New manager = new prick to deal with. Take it to another dealer to reduce the stress of ownership.
Another example of why I hate stealerships. What service after the sale?????

#14 ·
finally got it fixed and fought for two weeks to not be responsible for payment for closing the stuck window. They ended up replacing the entire assembly and all back glass. I put some silicone lube spray in the track and it seems normal. Glad that's over with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.