Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/)
-   2019+ General Discussion (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2019-general-discussion/)
-   -   Week old and frozen 12” screen (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2019-general-discussion/2505569-week-old-frozen-12-screen.html)

Rbohno 07-10-2019 06:32 PM

Week old and frozen 12” screen
 
My $80k iPad has a frozen screen, anybody know any tricks to eliminate an hour drive to the dealership.

Aaron37 07-10-2019 07:22 PM

That's a bummer. You could try disconnecting both batteries and then touching the positive cable to ground. Leave them unhooked for 10 min and see if it works. No guarantee but just takes a bit of time.

Rbohno 07-10-2019 09:56 PM

Thank You Aaron,

I went out to move the truck a short while ago and everything seemed fine but I didn’t think to put in reverse and back up because it seems that may have been where the problem started.
I backed to unload some material and when I started truck up to leave the 360 camera was still on and the screen was frozen.

I will test that in the am.

Rbohno 07-11-2019 01:37 PM

It’s been working fine today so am going to hold out until it happens again.

EricPeterson 07-11-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbohno (Post 29028385)
Thank You Aaron,

I went out to move the truck a short while ago and everything seemed fine but I didn’t think to put in reverse and back up because it seems that may have been where the problem started.
I backed to unload some material and when I started truck up to leave the 360 camera was still on and the screen was frozen.

I will test that in the am.

Just out of curiosity, you didn't happen to turn the ignition off when the truck was still in reverse, did you? That's the sort of thing that's commonly missed on testing because it's not supposed to happen, and the test designers weren't smart enough or thorough enough to consider it. My father-in-law had a first gen new beetle turbo. If you turned off the ignition while it was still in drive and the driver's door was open, the electronics would reliably lock up solid. Upon restart, lights would flash, no way to stop the warning dinging, couldn't shift... instrument panel just a mass of warning lights with dead gauges. Battery disconnect would fix it.

Rbohno 07-11-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricPeterson (Post 29028911)
Just out of curiosity, you didn't happen to turn the ignition off when the truck was still in reverse, did you? .

That’s a possibility I Because I have done that on more than one occasion in my other truck.

Rbohno 07-20-2019 08:15 PM

Took to dealership Wednesday and they couldn’t find anything wrong so they opened a case with FCA.

Got in today to go for a drive in the country and no frickin sound, not on bluetooth, XM, FM or even sound via cellphone call.

Should have kept my 2017 Power Wagon

Jimmy N. 07-20-2019 08:21 PM

And here I've been reading numerous posts about how the '19's are superior to even sliced bread. And then some.

Then again, I have seen quite a few that warned about buying a first-year model, too.

gsbrockman 07-20-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbohno (Post 29028891)
It’s been working fine today so am going to hold out until it happens again.

There is a procedure for doing a hard reset and a soft reset on the 8.4 radios. Perhaps someone can chime in as to how it is done....hopefully the procedure is the same on yours....maybe this guy @Ram4Sam knows ?

Ram4Sam 07-21-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsbrockman (Post 29037223)
There is a procedure for doing a hard reset and a soft reset on the 8.4 radios. Perhaps someone can chime in as to how it is done....hopefully the procedure is the same on yours....maybe this guy @Ram4Sam knows ?

Be careful of this guy......who knows what he knows.......:wink2:

Never had to deal with this....the new radios are most likely a different animal.

I did take a look at a 19' the other day......nice.

Sam

Rbohno 07-22-2019 09:04 AM

Got in it yesterday morning and everything worked so again loaded up the truck for a drive to the mountains. We get two hours up into the blue ridge mountains and are driving along listening to music and watching nav so we know where to go and whole screen goes black. No sound, nothing worked that required touchscreen use. So back to the dealership tomorrow. I also noticed while it was black about three spots that were white like bubbles under a screen protector.

A) Is there a screen protector on these units

B) For those that have experience with the lemon laws what is required to take place for a vehicle to fall into that category?

EricPeterson 07-22-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbohno (Post 29038503)
B) For those that have experience with the lemon laws what is required to take place for a vehicle to fall into that category?

It depends on the state. It looks like North Carolina's calls a car a lemon if (a) repaired four or more times for the same defect under warranty, (b) in the shop 20 business days or more under warranty for the same defect, (c) still has the defect under warranty and the manufacturer refuses or is unable to repair it.

That's pretty standard. Most of them are 30 days in the shop for the same problem within the first year or two. Some states require 60 days, 5 repairs, some fewer, etc.

If it's deemed a lemon, you are due a refund minus mileage or a new replacement.

Hmmm.... what I see says it applies to vehicles weighing less than 10,000 lb. Doesn't say whether that's empty or GVW. Also can't find a term other than "under warranty".


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome