Week old and frozen 12” screen - Page 4 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbohno View Post
Took my truck back to shop for the 3rd time regarding same issue black or frozen screen, Bluetooth nor Uconnect works.
They gave me a star publication that says”Do not replace radio for customer to wait till the end of the frickin year for an update.
I am waiting for a call from FCA , I contacted them (FCA) and a lemon law attorney.
Talked to my FCA case manager for the 1st time and that was useless. She said that until Ram has another update at the end of the year that they couldn’t do anything since my truck was functioning.
I went round and round with the rep about the word functioning and that being a subjective statement. Their stance is as long as the truck will drive it’s irrelevant whether the 12” display and all functions tied to it are inoperable. She kept saying “if I could fix it I would” which in my eyes was a bit condescending.
She said as a formality she could escalate it for the buyback program but 90% are kicked back within days because the truck is driveable.

2019 2500 CC CTD 4WD Limited
2016 3500 CTD CC 4WD Laramie
2017 2500 Power Wagon (sold )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Diesel Head

By the end if the year, FCA could be the new owner of your truck if you start buy back proceedings now.

2016 3500 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab, Long Bed, SLT trim
5th Wheel Tow Pkg, Factory Rear Air Suspension
Delmonico Red
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnow101 For This Useful Post:
Rbohno (09-03-2019)
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnow101 View Post
By the end if the year, FCA could be the new owner of your truck if you start buy back proceedings now.
Not getting my hopes up on a quote of 10% qualify for buy back program but I will keep you posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Diesel Head

A lemon law action does not require the okie-dokie of FCA.

2016 3500 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab, Long Bed, SLT trim
5th Wheel Tow Pkg, Factory Rear Air Suspension
Delmonico Red
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:37 PM
Buyer of stuff..with OPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbohno View Post
Talked to my FCA case manager for the 1st time and that was useless. She said that until Ram has another update at the end of the year that they couldn’t do anything since my truck was functioning.
I went round and round with the rep about the word functioning and that being a subjective statement. Their stance is as long as the truck will drive it’s irrelevant whether the 12” display and all functions tied to it are inoperable. She kept saying “if I could fix it I would” which in my eyes was a bit condescending.
She said as a formality she could escalate it for the buyback program but 90% are kicked back within days because the truck is driveable.

This doesn't mean squat......She is probably telling the truth, FCA likely denies 90% of those going through their buyback program, but their program is not the same as lemon law/arbitration buyback program that is state law.

I heard the same garbage from FCA when my 2014 had a dash full of electrical gremlins and they couldn't fix it. In the end, I got a new truck because I met all the requirements of the Calif lemon laws (mileage, time owned, repair attempts and days out of service) The actual problems the truck had were never even an issue at the arbitration hearing and barely mentioned.

Good luck...

Sam

2016 3500 Laramie SRW 4x4 CC LB ,Aisin,white w/brn-beige,B&W TOB/companion built 9/2015
Owned and gone, 1991 d250... 2001.5 2500qc...2014 3500 FCA buyback
Drivin' a Dodge Cummins since 1991.......
2008 Thor jazz 2870UK 5er....and 3 dogs.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Ram4Sam For This Useful Post:
Rbohno (09-03-2019)
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram4Sam View Post
This doesn't mean squat......She is probably telling the truth, FCA likely denies 90% of those going through their buyback program, but their program is not the same as lemon law/arbitration buyback program that is state law.

I heard the same garbage from FCA when my 2014 had a dash full of electrical gremlins and they couldn't fix it. In the end, I got a new truck because I met all the requirements of the Calif lemon laws (mileage, time owned, repair attempts and days out of service) The actual problems the truck had were never even an issue at the arbitration hearing and barely mentioned.

Good luck...

Sam
You were correct FCA said after my last personal contact with the case manager was “ FCA has decided that I will have to wait till the end of the 4th quarter for the update they are working on “
So it is in legal proceedings now between my attorney and theirs, that’s about all I can say at this point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode