Week old and frozen 12” screen - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 04:14 PM
Vendor

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Just got an update on the truck that came in today with this issue. They are zeroing in on the issue...

Step 1: Delete all phones from the truck's system. Delete the truck from all phones that will be in the truck.
Step 2: Do a factory reset. You can do this in the menu screen. It's on the last page and says "delete all personal data"
Step 3: Connect 1 phone to the truck.

If the system stays stable after this then leave it with just 1 phone connected. If the screen drops after doing this, delete the phone from the truck and the phone and run without Bluetooth until the next update comes out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indytruckchampion For This Useful Post:
Minnow101 (07-29-2019), Rbohno (07-29-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:13 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I am hoping the update, whenever it comes out will fix mine. The navigation keeps rebooting. It started 3 days after I picked the truck up from Indy. There was a STAR case on it but now my local dealer is telling me the engineers are working on it and the STAR case has been closed.

2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 12:02 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_T View Post
I am hoping the update, whenever it comes out will fix mine. The navigation keeps rebooting. It started 3 days after I picked the truck up from Indy. There was a STAR case on it but now my local dealer is telling me the engineers are working on it and the STAR case has been closed.
Hi Don. I hooked the phone up on the truck I was working on this week. It went blank and reset itself after having it hooked up for less than 30 seconds. I deleted the phone and reset the system. His system has been stable since yesterday morning.

You should delete the phones and reset your system. Also delete the truck from your phones so they don't try to connect. I highly suspect this will "fix" the issue until the update comes out. The issue is clearly linked to the Bluetooth connectivity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:01 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indytruckchampion View Post
Hi Don. I hooked the phone up on the truck I was working on this week. It went blank and reset itself after having it hooked up for less than 30 seconds. I deleted the phone and reset the system. His system has been stable since yesterday morning.

You should delete the phones and reset your system. Also delete the truck from your phones so they don't try to connect. I highly suspect this will "fix" the issue until the update comes out. The issue is clearly linked to the Bluetooth connectivity.
I am going to try this suggestion. In fact I think I will delete the phones from the truck and the truck from the phones and shut off the bluetooth on my phone. I will then reset the system in the truck. I have to make a 90 mile drive tonight so I can see if it makes a difference.

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:45 PM
HI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbrockman View Post
There is a procedure for doing a hard reset and a soft reset on the 8.4 radios. Perhaps someone can chime in as to how it is done....hopefully the procedure is the same on yours....maybe this guy @Ram4Sam knows ?
Mine froze today and I tried the hard reset like on my 13 and it didn't do anything. It was actually the first thing I thought of when the screen froze. I tried it in a few different ways and nothing reset it.
When I shut the truck off and restarted it the screen was fine.

2019 3500 SRW 4x4 CTD Aisin CC LB Limited Delmonico Red w/rear air

Previous rams 2000 2500 slt + qc lb 4x4 v-10, 03 qc lb 2500 4x4 hemi Laramie, 07 3500 qc lb 4x4 5.9 ctd Laramie. 2013 Ram 3500 Limited SRW CTD Aisin 4x4 CC LB. All have been black
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:28 PM
Diesel Head

I'm happy to report that the screen in my '17 won't freeze until late October, or thereabouts.

No, wait, it still won't. I avoided the whole screen thing by ordering the next lowest level radio.
I'm golden!
gsbrockman likes this.

Maybe if we start telling people that the brain is an app, they will start using it?

'14 1500 V6, '17 3500 C&C, plus a '19 3500 6.4 in the household.
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 10:53 AM
Diesel Freak

Quote:

I tried this last night and made a 90 mile drive. It did the same thing. Even with no phone paired it still didn’t work.

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 12:46 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_T View Post
I tried this last night and made a 90 mile drive. It did the same thing. Even with no phone paired it still didn’t work.
Did you do the reset after you deleted all the paired phones?
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 01:04 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Just got an update on the truck that came in today with this issue. They are zeroing in on the issue...

Step 1: Delete all phones from the truck's system. Delete the truck from all phones that will be in the truck.
Step 2: Do a factory reset. You can do this in the menu screen. It's on the last page and says "delete all personal data"
Step 3: Connect 1 phone to the truck.

If the system stays stable after this then leave it with just 1 phone connected. If the screen drops after doing this, delete the phone from the truck and the phone and run without Bluetooth until the next update comes out.
I did all if this and it didn’t work for me. I then tried steps 1 and two only and I got the same results. I think my issue is caused by something different. My Nav goes into a reboot cycle at seemingly random times when not using it for guidance as well as when I enter a destination. Sometimes the destination takes and sometimes it doesn’t. I have noticed recently I can use the navigation in the half screen mode and it seems to work. The issue with that is I can only enter recent or favorite destinations.

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:42 PM
Vendor

I will keep working on all this....
The Following User Says Thank You to Indytruckchampion For This Useful Post:
Tuffguy707 (08-01-2019)
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
I will keep working on all this....
I went for a drive to Connecticut from the Burlington VT area for a couple of days. The Nav worked fine, it didn’t reboot once the whole trip. I am back in the Burlington area and it is rebooting again. I am beginning to think the problem may be in the map database as it only acts up in this area.

post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Took my truck back to shop for the 3rd time regarding same issue black or frozen screen, Bluetooth nor Uconnect works.
They gave me a star publication that says”Do not replace radio for customer to wait till the end of the frickin year for an update.
I am waiting for a call from FCA , I contacted them (FCA) and a lemon law attorney.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	36E604F5-7EBD-47EC-8026-D7C7EFA37B02.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	855419  

2019 2500 CC CTD 4WD Limited
2016 3500 CTD CC 4WD Laramie
2017 2500 Power Wagon (sold )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode