Week old and frozen 12” screen - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbohno View Post

B) For those that have experience with the lemon laws what is required to take place for a vehicle to fall into that category?
According to www.ncconsumer.org
I found the answer for this one, it just has to go to the dealership for 4 times for the same problem or spend 20 days or more at the dealership and it qualifies for the lemon law.

They also state not to proceed without an attorney and don’t worry because attorneys fees are paid by manufacturers and most don’t require anything up front.

So tomorrow will be visit two for the same thing I guess at visit 3 ( hopefully it doesn’t happen ) I will seek counsel.

2019 2500 CC CTD 4WD Limited
2016 3500 CTD CC 4WD Laramie
2017 2500 Power Wagon (sold )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:45 AM
Buyer of stuff..with OPM

Quote:
According to www.ncconsumer.org
I found the answer for this one, it just has to go to the dealership for 4 times for the same problem or spend 20 days or more at the dealership and it qualifies for the lemon law.

They also state not to proceed without an attorney and don’t worry because attorneys fees are paid by manufacturers and most don’t require anything up front.

So tomorrow will be visit two for the same thing I guess at visit 3 ( hopefully it doesn’t happen ) I will seek counsel.
Been down this rabbit hole myself....... Best thing to do is educate yourself on the process, it will be less frustrating. Go to NC dmv website and read up on the lemon law process and see exactly what the req's are, they are usually pretty specific. Document EVERYTHING... phone calls,dealer visits, etc. You should have got a book with your new truck that explains the warranty/lemon law process also. I went through the arbitration process, no lawyer but the same rules, much faster. Check out www.ncdsusa.org

Next time the radio acts up, do a cell phone video of all that is happening, that really helped out in my case, not so much with the legal process but showing the dealer what is going on......since the truck most likely won't do it when they have the truck.

Good luck

Sam
gsbrockman likes this.

2016 3500 Laramie SRW 4x4 CC LB ,Aisin,white w/brn-beige,B&W TOB/companion built 9/2015
Owned and gone, 1991 d250... 2001.5 2500qc...2014 3500 FCA buyback
Drivin' a Dodge Cummins since 1991.......
2008 Thor jazz 2870UK 5er....and 3 dogs.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Ram4Sam For This Useful Post:
Rbohno (07-24-2019)
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Hey Ram4Sam,

Great info, thanks for sharing. They said due to the build date my truck is too new too new to be compatible with the current update. The tech said if it happened again they want to pull dash and radio so I would need to leave the truck.
Not real keen on that, I think the only way I will let them use my truck for a guinea pigs is if they throw in a bumper to bumper 100k mile warranty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:22 PM
Buyer of stuff..with OPM

Quote:
Hey Ram4Sam,

Great info, thanks for sharing. They said due to the build date my truck is too new too new to be compatible with the current update. The tech said if it happened again they want to pull dash and radio so I would need to leave the truck.
Not real keen on that, I think the only way I will let them use my truck for a guinea pigs is if they throw in a bumper to bumper 100k mile warranty.

This statement by the your dealer....after my experience with FCA, I'm getting a whiff of Bandini from those words.......

During the months and months they were chasing the electrical gremlins in the dash of my eventually bought back truck, I threw that out there to FCA and they actually did it......

Sam

2016 3500 Laramie SRW 4x4 CC LB ,Aisin,white w/brn-beige,B&W TOB/companion built 9/2015
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 03:00 AM
Cummins Fanatic

You aren't alone with dealer frustrations. My truck has been at the dealer for 17 days now and still no word on a repair for my SERV 4WD light. I'm super bummed. I've put 3k plus in add one since I bought the truck. I hope they get your repairs under wraps.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Man Zackolas,

That sucks, I hate to hear that. Do they have a STAR case opened up on it? It is my understanding that they released our version of radio/electronics without beta testing. What date is the starting point no clue and not that our trucks do anything different than earlier builds they are just somehow different in the configuration.
My state says if the truck stays in the shop for 20 days or longer for the Sam problem it qualifies as a lemon law vehicle. It’s a tough call because I love my truck but if it comes down to that with mine I am going with a 2020 GMC 2500 Denali. My brother retired from GM and his wife still works there so the family can buy 2 vehicles a year at GMS pricing.
James_G1 likes this.

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:42 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Man Zackolas,

That sucks, I hate to hear that. Do they have a STAR case opened up on it? It is my understanding that they released our version of radio/electronics without beta testing. What date is the starting point no clue and not that our trucks do anything different than earlier builds they are just somehow different in the configuration.
My state says if the truck stays in the shop for 20 days or longer for the Sam problem it qualifies as a lemon law vehicle. It’s a tough call because I love my truck but if it comes down to that with mine I am going with a 2020 GMC 2500 Denali. My brother retired from GM and his wife still works there so the family can buy 2 vehicles a year at GMS pricing.
They opened a star case a week and a half ago with no avail so far. In CA it takes 30 consecutive days for lemon law. We are on the way. So far they don't have the slightest inclination of what to do to repair it.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:57 PM
Buyer of stuff..with OPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackolas View Post
They opened a star case a week and a half ago with no avail so far. In CA it takes 30 consecutive days for lemon law. We are on the way. So far they don't have the slightest inclination of what to do to repair it.
It does not have to be 30 consecutive days, just a total of 30 or more....

Sam

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 09:03 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram4Sam View Post
Quote:
It does not have to be 30 consecutive days, just a total of 30 or more....

Sam

That's good to know. FCA closed my star case because the dealer opened it originally for electronic/electrical failure. FCA made the dealer open another for transmission/transfercase mechanical issues instead. So now tomorrow starts a whole new host of tests for my Aisin transmission I guess. We will see.
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 05:27 PM
Vendor

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
There is an update in the works for the 12 inch screens. There are quite a few cases of this happening. You are not alone. The good news is that because it's so widespread FCA isn't going to want to wait. I have another truck coming in Monday for this issue. It's not an easy fix and it does require the dealer to keep the truck. In some cases flashing the truck will help. In others a hard reset done at the dealer will cure the issue. The problem is that if either of those fail mid stream the system locks and there's no recovery. The 12" radios are on national backorder with no date for release. I suspect it's because they don't want to ship a radio they already know isn't going to work correctly.

This radio isn't built by FCA. It's sourced. I know ultimately FCA is the company that decided to use it and they have the responsibility to fix it. The radio/system itself has been a huge hit and a big selling point. I really don't think this is going to last long. But it is a big PITA to anyone dealing with it....

If/when I hear of a good fix or update I'll post back on this topic.....
emwave42, RayK, Minnow101 and 1 others like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Indytruckchampion For This Useful Post:
Rbohno (07-27-2019)
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 02:56 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
That's good to know. FCA closed my star case because the dealer opened it originally for electronic/electrical failure. FCA made the dealer open another for transmission/transfercase mechanical issues instead. So now tomorrow starts a whole new host of tests for my Aisin transmission I guess. We will see.
The minute you qualify under your lemon law, I’d file.

2016 3500 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab, Long Bed, SLT trim
5th Wheel Tow Pkg, Factory Rear Air Suspension
Delmonico Red
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 07:50 PM
Buyer of stuff..with OPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnow101 View Post
The minute you qualify under your lemon law, I’d file.
Better yet...do more than the minimums.....

Sam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode