Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/)
-   2019+ General Discussion (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2019-general-discussion/)
-   -   Exhaust Filter % in DIC (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2019-general-discussion/2504149-exhaust-filter-dic.html)

Purplehayes 06-23-2019 07:52 PM

Exhaust Filter % in DIC

Does anyone else's exhaust filter guage (0-100%) stay at 0 all the time even though I have been though a few regens. Wondering if the bar should be moving as the filter gets full or if I am missing something. Thanks

Cummins0867 06-23-2019 09:03 PM

Mine has been at zero and I had a couple of regens the way you mention...until the other day it said about 1/3 full and went into a regen for about 25-30 highway miles and then it completed and went back to zero.

the man in black 06-23-2019 10:00 PM

Why on earth would they add that gauge? Now people are going to be freaking out over. Wonder if it's actually linked to anything or fake like the oil pressure/temp.

Purplehayes 06-24-2019 07:52 PM

Why would you say that the oil pressure and temp guages are fake? Maybe the analog ones but not the digital ones. And why wouldnt you want more information than you need on your vehicle?

Purplehayes 06-24-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cummins0867 (Post 29014507)
Mine has been at zero and I had a couple of regens the way you mention...until the other day it said about 1/3 full and went into a regen for about 25-30 highway miles and then it completed and went back to zero.

I see. I will have to pay more attention. I usually just leave it on the temperatures page. Thanks

the man in black 06-24-2019 09:24 PM

The oil temp and pressure gauges in these trucks are fake. Unless you have aftermarket. The stock ones are 100% fake.

Purplehayes 06-25-2019 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the man in black (Post 29015409)
The oil temp and pressure gauges in these trucks are fake. Unless you have aftermarket. The stock ones are 100% fake.

so you dont believe that the oil pressure cold is around 50 psi and it drops to 35-45 depending on run condition when it gets warmer. I had a '17 duramax that was about the same, acted the same and was confirmed with and edge insight. Why would they make the guages fake?

akhr 06-25-2019 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purplehayes (Post 29015497)
Quote:

Originally Posted by the man in black (Post 29015409)

so you dont believe that the oil pressure cold is around 50 psi and it drops to 35-45 depending on run condition when it gets warmer. I had a '17 duramax that was about the same, acted the same and was confirmed with and edge insight. Why would they make the guages fake?

Yes the oil pressure gauge is fake. It doesn’t read oil pressure just uses the oil pressure switch (over 5 psi) and computer algorithm. Chrysler is to cheap to install a real pressure sensor. This has been discussed and proven already. Don’t know about the oil temp. Also unless you installed a real pressure gauge edge insight is using what the computer is saying.

the man in black 06-25-2019 08:09 AM

Cold pressure can be 75psi plus idle can be 20ish psi. As stated the oil pressure is actually just a switch and the ecm then gives you a number based on whatever it wants. My truck will hold 51psi from 1600rpm to 3000rpm. I believe the duramax has an actual pressure sender at least they used to.

MC_Diesel 06-25-2019 09:08 AM

I've experienced the same situation on mine. I've only got about 1,400 miles on my truck, but I've noticed that the exhaust filter gauge is always at 0%. I saw it once register about 30% and it went into regen shortly thereafter and back to 0%. I don't think this gauge is at all accurate.

Purplehayes 06-25-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the man in black (Post 29015607)
Cold pressure can be 75psi plus idle can be 20ish psi. As stated the oil pressure is actually just a switch and the ecm then gives you a number based on whatever it wants. My truck will hold 51psi from 1600rpm to 3000rpm. I believe the duramax has an actual pressure sender at least they used to.

I see. Well I was under the wrong understanding but it makes sense. I guess it is just a good indicator of something goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purplehayes 06-25-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhr (Post 29015513)
Yes the oil pressure gauge is fake. It doesnít read oil pressure just uses the oil pressure switch (over 5 psi) and computer algorithm. Chrysler is to cheap to install a real pressure sensor. This has been discussed and proven already. Donít know about the oil temp. Also unless you installed a real pressure gauge edge insight is using what the computer is saying.

I see! Thanks for the information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk