Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Def

639 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Learjet 
#1 ·
Another newbie question. How many miles do you get on a tank full of DEF. I've went 378 miles so far and the needle has not moved. They filled it when I got the truck and I went through one tank of fuel. Its all new to me. The needle seems to work goes to full when you start the truck and goes to empty when keys off. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
If you’re not towing, you should get “somewhere” around 1000 miles per gallon of DEF. The tank is 5.5 gallons. The gauge is not linear either. It will stay on full for a long time and then once it starts moving, it’s fairly linear.

AZJohnnyO
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#3 ·
If it was filled all the way to the top, there is about 2 gallons ABOVE the full point on the gauge, so it takes a long time for the needle to start to move.

You have no worries, even if the gauge wasn't working, there are two points where you will get a warning message, one saying the tank is low, the next saying that you have 200 miles to go before being limited to 5 mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.