Cummins Diesel Forum banner

For those who have purchase a 2019

7K views 47 replies 29 participants last post by  NordicNevs 
#1 ·
Looking at purchasing a Laramie today but was wondering what everyone average percent off sticker has been?

#2 ·
I went to the local dealer on Friday while my truck was in service. Not only did they stick to MSRP, they added $1600 on top for shipping.

I laughed at the sales guy and his manager (who tried to keep me there and explain MSRP to me).

As I turned to walk away I told the manager and likely the whole floor of people (I'm kinda loud) "only desperate and ignorant people pay MSRP... Thanks for the laugh, I'll keep my truck and you just lost any chance of selling me anything"

#5 ·
I was about 12% under sticker on a $71k sticker. I worked off the invoice price - rebates as a base. They actually posted a price with all incentives online and I bought below that price.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#7 ·
We haven't started haggling yet, but looks like the order will come in at about 12% off.
Then maybe 1,500 off (financing), plus whatever incentives may apply.

#11 ·
You'd have to shop at a high-volume RAM dealer, if you want the best price (or bid your time).
Not necessarily so. Tomorrow we'll sign the paperwork with a very small dealership, and at a very good price.

It's not the size of the dealership as much as how good it is, I think. There are some large ones more locally, but we'd be lucky to get even just a fair deal from them.

#15 ·
Looks like Dillon is proud of their '19s now...
Only listing $5-6k off sticker price....whatever. Depends how bad a guy needs a new truck vs some extra $1000s in his pocket.

IMO, my rule of thumb, not that I buy new vehicles frequently, is $10k off sticker giver take on a $50-70k vehicle is what should be paid. Don't care how they arrive at that number. Yeah maybe more on the last ugly colored truck on the lot and a little less on the most popular one, but that is what a person could buy a truck for, no haggle at any number of volume dealers in recent years.

#16 ·
On a year like this with new model, late and short availability you will not see any big discounts for sometime. Exception any dealer at the very end of his sales month, all bets are off it he needs one unit to make a Chrysler goal. ^pm on his last day of month. Usually the end of month but sometimes a couple of days later on a holiday weekend. Also maybe extra rebate on Memorial day. Always have them run the vehicle and your for special rebates.
You can try making your own order for cheaper, often 6-12 weeks away.

#19 ·
I just picked up a 2019 Limited 2500 and got 10K off of MSRP...dealer wasnt the most polite but they openly advertise their pricing and know they have great deals.

#22 ·
I was a little over 9% off of the MSRP.

#26 ·
We got around 18% off our '17 at the end of '16. I'm sure they'll start discounting the 19s in early summer getting ready for the 20s to start coming out.

#27 ·
As a few have suggested you should ask for a copy of invoice pricing. Anywhere from a few hundred below or above that price is a good target. Keep in mind that dealers are able to sell below their “cost” because there are tons of other discounts they get that are not shown on the invoice. They get things like volume discounts, quality discounts for good ratings with the manufacturer, advertising credits and even an interest credit for 90 days of carry which is 89 more days than they need if you take delivery the day the truck shows up on the lot. And most dealers don’t share these details with their sales guys because that doesn’t help the dealer if his sales guy knows how low he can really go. Fleet and more experienced sales guys know this but not the newbies.

Generally, a larger volume dealer will get better incentives from the factory but that doesn’t mean the small guy can’t sell at lower margins because his overhead is much lower and he is pushing to move more vehicles to get the better incentives.

Obviously, as some have stated above if a vehicle is in short supply then all bets are off because of the next guy will pay materially more than you and you don’t have much leverage. But believe me the dealer still makes money even when he sells “below his cost” or below invoice.

I am sure most of you know all this but for those that don’t I thought I would make this post.

Oh and sometimes you will get a better deal if you finance through the dealer because he makes money on that. I actually got a better deal on my last car purchase by not paying cash and taking their 0% financing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: J.R.R.
#28 ·
Oh and sometimes you will get a better deal if you finance through the dealer because he makes money on that. I actually got a better deal on my last car purchase by not paying cash and taking their 0% financing.
That seems to work with Chrysler Capital, too. It's a chunk off the price, but do not pay it off before at least three months has passed.
And nothing in the rules prevents you from making the first payment a substantial one, so maybe a couple of hundred in interest buys you a few thousand off the price.

#36 ·
My '19 Laramie CCLB came in at 500 over invoice after a very generous trade in allowance. 75k sticker for 67k if I recall correct That was 2 months ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.