new emissions control crackdown April 1st?? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
new emissions control crackdown April 1st??

Many apologies, I posted this question in another forum (wrong one then) I'm trying to delete it. However here is the post. any info would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Question for the group: I did a lot of searching through the Forums and did not find this topic specifically- I took my (stock) F-450 into my local favorite Diesel performance guy (specializing in deletes- and services my 2015 Deleted RAM 2500) to have it deleted (been talking with him about it for a few months while I saved the $$.

He tells me today that his nationwide parts distributor for deletes has been shut down. He said something is happening across the emissions control world. Apparently deletes are going to be started cracking down on?

any real news to this? He said it started april 1st. some new rules and regs for distributors of delete controllers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:49 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,216 Posts
That may explain why flopro left (or it could simply be circumstantial)...Any actual evidence vs hearsay? We’ve been hearing this for years.
Lins likes this.

'14 6.7 S465 tuned by CTT
'17 6.7 tuned by CTT
'18 6.7 S467.7 tuned by CTT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:51 PM
Cummins Fan

Was the guy being serious?

Which company is the nationwide deletes parts distributor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,527 Posts
The feds have slammed tuners before, huge fines, prosecution, etc.

So, could be another new crackdown, may be a number of companies go belly up over it.

2015 RAM 2500 LoneStar Mega Cab CTD 2WD Air Ride PRAIRIE PEARLCOAT 02/09/2015
CCV reset/seatbelt chime disable
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:38 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
Ruh Roooo

03 Dodge SHO CCLB Dually Carli/Thuren Argon filled Shocks, radius arms, SRW 4 link Conversion, 17"methods, 42" Goodyear MTR Kevlar Tires / 6 in a row ready to tow!
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:52 PM

He's possibly just talking about the flo pro exhaust systems being no longer available.
post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:54 PM
Diesel Head

April 1st seems a little suspect. But I have seen n several forums for various vehicles people saying their tuner is gone, or having issues finding one in the last 3 or 4 weeks, a lot more then in the past. Seems though as soon as the EPA shuts them down, new ones popup to fill the void. Like illegal drugs, busting the dealer is a very short term impact on supplies.
URDiesel likes this.

2015 2500 4x4 megacab automatic with ARE Z series topper
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:54 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Garage
Yeah it seems people got their panties in a bunch again. Happens every so often. There’s people moving out of the country and flo pro is out. Glad mine is already done. I’m just gonna trade my truck in for a power wagon and cut my losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 2500 RC, 4x4, ATS Stage 3 Built 68RFE, EZ LYNK,PPEI and Anarchy Tuning, Stainless 2G Swap S465/83/1.10, Pusher Intake, 5' Flo-Pro,
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:06 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
There’s been mutterings in back-channels I have to the hill claiming 45’s administration is massively cutting budgets to departments they consider needlessly bloated, EPA included. This is causing said departments to clamor for funding to avoid cutting staff or reducing salaries. Departments capable of levying fines or fees will do it by hook or by crook.

SEMA is a ripe market for picking and has enjoyed a long period of being left alone due to disclaimer loopholes and loose follow-up at the user level. We all, in the back of our minds, if we’re being honest, knew this was coming. Big Brother makes sure you never actually “own” anything via recurrent taxation for the privilege of possessing or operating it; they’re just extending such to modifications now. Frankly the fed is shooting itself in the foot given the tax revenue generated by aftermarket sales, but I doubt EPA is concerned about sales coffers as much as its own budget right now.

Last week several folks on the hill were talking about drafting legislation to eliminate all fossil fueled transportation infrastructure and energy generation within ten years. That ought to give us a clue as to how detached from reality those people actually are...

runit02 and Jimmy N. like this.

08 Resistol. Emissions cleaning pending. Anarchy EFI, Sinister coolant filter, Carbonite DP sensor, CSS -2"/+400# springs, reverse level, Amsoil bypass filter, and a pile of boxes in the garage
The Following User Says Thank You to El Pozzinator For This Useful Post:
Chevokeeman (04-16-2019)
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:25 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pozzinator View Post
Frankly the fed is shooting itself in the foot given the tax revenue generated by aftermarket sales, but I doubt EPA is concerned about sales coffers as much as its own budget right now.
If it's cheaper to delete than to repair, which provides more tax revenue?
URDiesel, Electrojake and Jimmy N. like this.

2017 6.7L Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab Granite Crystal Sport Appearance Group, 68RFE, rear air suspension
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:36 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
Statistically people who modify make more frequent changes and replacements than those who just maintain or repair bare necessities. One mod leads to another leads to another and so on; that generates demand for aftermarket manufacturing, shipping, sales, and marketing, which are also jobs which generate additional taxes. The OEMs already have their end locked down so the additional revenue to the govt generated there by eliminating the aftermarket is negligible.

08 Resistol. Emissions cleaning pending. Anarchy EFI, Sinister coolant filter, Carbonite DP sensor, CSS -2"/+400# springs, reverse level, Amsoil bypass filter, and a pile of boxes in the garage
post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:00 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
I better go get my registration renewed for 20 more years!
Electrojake and Jimmy N. like this.

03 Dodge SHO CCLB Dually Carli/Thuren Argon filled Shocks, radius arms, SRW 4 link Conversion, 17"methods, 42" Goodyear MTR Kevlar Tires / 6 in a row ready to tow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode