Cummins Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perform Service message reset, Seat Belt Chime disable

28K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  lineman1234 
#1 ·
Been needing to reset the Perform Service message for about 10 days, finally went out and did it. Had replaced the CCV filter a few weeks ago, at that time the message hadn't come up yet.

At the same time I disabled the seat belt chime, as there are many times when hooking and unhooking a trailer or driving around the yard searching for a trailer, having to hop in and out of the truck, when it gets annoying. You still get the EVIC message and the light, but no incessant dinging.

Anyway, thought I'd repost the procedures for both of these chores for anyone who needs them.

PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR - RESET
Unless reset the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate a emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.

Seat Belt Chime Disable
1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any
position except On or Start, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait
for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the
ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s
seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending
with the seat belt buckled.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on
while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt.
It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A
single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully
completed the programming.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated
by repeating this procedure.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very cool, will try the chime disable in the morning

#3 ·
So Far that has worked in every FCA vehicle I have been in...about 5 rental vehicles, my truck and my wife's Jeep GC!! >:)>:)

#5 ·
I've been getting this message every time I haul a trailer. Fuel, oil & air are good but I forgot about the CCV. I'm sitting at 47,000 miles I guess it could be bad. What else could this message be for?

#6 ·
Could the cardboard duct feeding the filter box in the fender be collapsed? Then the trucks sees a restriction and thinks it is the air filter. If it happens towing it is because the truck needs more air and is not getting it. I have seen it on some 13 and 14 trucks. The hose is said to be better on the newer trucks. I have not had this issue with my 15 yet. Or your ccv filter may be full. Good luck

Thanks for the info on the seat belt. I am tired of driving around customer ranches with the non stop ding ding ding ding.

Reactions: DODGE4X4
#9 ·
I have had my seatbelt disabled since new, I hate the seat belt. But thank you for the perform service delete

#15 ·
Thank you, I have serviced evrything on my truck from the end of the tailpipe to the front headlights and could not get the perform service light to go off. called 2 different dealers and they immediately say egr cooler and egr need cleaning. told them it was already performed and asked if they could just hook it up to their scanner and give me an idea on what else it could be and they said sure in 2 weeks and 180.00 dollars. By the way myself and buddies scanners showed no codes and no check engine light. All I had was this perform service on the instrument panel. I was needing to make a couple of heavy hauls with round trip of 700 miles each and this was driving me crazy. By the way brand new turbo and acctuator and aftercooler, new air conditioner compressor and all that that entails, dpf, vox and egrcooler and valve cleaned. every filter replaced and fresh oil change. I could not figure out any other service it wanted. Followed your instructions and it went off. I guess time will tell if it stays off. Truck is running better than it ever has since I bought it in 2014.

#19 ·
He whined to the Administrator about me moving discussions also.

#20 ·
He did cry a lot, and I see his point on some of it. Unfortunately that's the way the world is going. I definitely don't understand some of the discussion moves, but that's my world.

This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.