I give up / Morimoto LED Fog Light Kit - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING -

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 11:33 AM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCalvin View Post
With regards to polarity the connector comes unpinned from morimoto so its deff no for preventing polarity mix up since you could easily do that yourself by putting the wires in the wrong side.

Maybe you guys are talking about morimoto bulbs and nott the full fog light assemblies?

Morimoto even list the splitter harness with the resistors as part of the package when you buy them? Not sure how you guys are getting them without the harness.
Mine came with everything assembled, so no real possibility to wire it wrong. Just plugged them in.

In both cases they were indeed the full fog light assemblies.

When buying from TRS, there's an optional in-line resistor. No splitter as I recall.
So as mentioned, I got one pair with the boxes, and one without. And it all plugs right in, with or without the resistors.

Sounds like TRS provides the correct connector, Morimoto does not.

Maybe if we start telling people that the brain is an app, they will start using it?

'14 1500 V6, '17 3500 C&C, plus a '19 3500 6.4 in the household.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 12:20 PM
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
Mine came with everything assembled, so no real possibility to wire it wrong. Just plugged them in.

In both cases they were indeed the full fog light assemblies.

When buying from TRS, there's an optional in-line resistor. No splitter as I recall.
So as mentioned, I got one pair with the boxes, and one without. And it all plugs right in, with or without the resistors.

Sounds like TRS provides the correct connector, Morimoto does not.
weird they must have had different production runs of them with changes. All ones ive seen done have been in the past year.

Morimoto and TRS are the same company BTW.

2018 Ram 2500 SLT with G56
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 12:44 PM
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi

Garage
One of the housings in my 18 was purchased a couple months ago. Again, no tab modifications were needed. the other one was several years ago. (one got damaged and needed replaced, TRS was nice enough to sell one housing as opposed to making me buy an entire new kit)

2018 Ram 3500 Limited - Crew Cab Long Box 4x4 SRW Stock at the moment, but that will change
Make your puddle lights great again!
SUPPORT SITE VENDORS, THEY MAKE ALL THIS POSSIBLE
HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 11:51 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:

Morimoto and TRS are the same company BTW.
I dont think they are the same company. TRS is the distributor of Morimoto products.
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 12:00 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
No i dont think your right there. Since the connector only has a tab to lock it on one side. The piece is in the middle. It is in the way if you line the connector up to lock it. With regards to polarity the connector comes unpinned from morimoto so its deff no for preventing polarity mix up since you could easily do that yourself by putting the wires in the wrong side.
I dont know what you got. But I do know what I got and the slots are to prevent swapped polarity.
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 01:19 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokia View Post
I dont think they are the same company. TRS is the distributor of Morimoto products.
I don't think so, either, but TRS and Headlight Revolution sure seems to be related.

Maybe if we start telling people that the brain is an app, they will start using it?

'14 1500 V6, '17 3500 C&C, plus a '19 3500 6.4 in the household.
post #31 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 04:17 PM
Cummins Fan

Just go back through the morimoto headlight treads on ramforum. They are the same company. Morimoto is TRS in house brand.

Also they are not for polarity. The wires come unpinned. You attach the connector.

Anyways, enough of this arguing over absolutely trivial stuff.

2018 Ram 2500 SLT with G56
post #32 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 04:55 PM

Garage
Quote:

Don't you know, that is what the internet and forums are entirely about. Aint no way of not arguing about trivial things online
Jimmy N. likes this.

2018 Ram 3500 Limited - Crew Cab Long Box 4x4 SRW Stock at the moment, but that will change
HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #33 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 07:45 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Just go back through the morimoto headlight treads on ramforum. They are the same company. Morimoto is TRS in house brand.

Also they are not for polarity. The wires come unpinned. You attach the connector.

You don't need a resistor to make LED fogs work just set fogs to LED in alfa.

I don't know what the current draw is on those XBs. But I do know that the fog lights have current protection and will shut off around 4 amps.

Quote:
And they are unpinned because? Looking for the explanation that morimoto gives you in the installation instructions.

I think morimoto got lazy here they used a connector without the groove and made you pin them to get the polarity correct. The ungrooved connector works across multiple lines of bulbs. the removed the polarity protection from the connector.

Quote:
strange. Ram calls for 9006 fog light plug. Weird your's came built with a 9145 plug. Ive seen the morimoto fog light assemblies installed in couple trucks and always needed to trim them to use them without the harness. The fogs have the tab in them and thats why the won't plug in. Unless morimoto varied there manufacturing for a few units and shipped some with slightly different plug on them.
Depend on the year of truck some came with 9145 low beam and H11 for fogs some came with 9006 for fogs. Mine is a 2015 came with H11 fogs.

looking at those connectors on the XBs there doesnt look to be any groove. They have a female connection with no grove. The truck has a male connector with the groove. So what are you trimming?
Jimmy N. likes this.
post #34 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Dually View Post
When you go into AlfaOBD are you seeing and / or clearing error codes (if so what are they)?
No error codes. Nor in Alfa nor from the trucks dashboard.

It turned out I had a faulty wire.
Unfortunately the whole wire harness needed to be repaired.

All good now.

Thanks for all the hints.

Mike
Loki223, Xokia and G. Mcpherson like this.

2017 RAM 3500 Longhorn Mega Cab 4X4 SRW Cummins 6.7 Aisin 3.42 Limited Package Protection Group Cold Weather Group Power Sunroof Auxiliary Switches Stop Lamp w/Camera
post #35 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 11:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suny View Post
No error codes. Nor in Alfa nor from the trucks dashboard.

It turned out I had a faulty wire.
Unfortunately the whole wire harness needed to be repaired.

All good now.

Thanks for all the hints.

Mike
Glad you got it fixed, i feel like you got forgotten in this thread. At least you didn't end up having to deal with a groove you didn't want
Xokia and Jimmy N. like this.

post #36 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki223 View Post
Glad you got it fixed, i feel like you got forgotten in this thread. At least you didn't end up having to deal with a groove you didn't want
Haha - no groove fixing here

Running the OEM fogs now with yellow LEDís.
This setup is now also growing on me

Mike

2017 RAM 3500 Longhorn Mega Cab 4X4 SRW Cummins 6.7 Aisin 3.42 Limited Package Protection Group Cold Weather Group Power Sunroof Auxiliary Switches Stop Lamp w/Camera
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode