Cummins Diesel Forum banner

A positive post about Dealer.

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  bigfish95971 
#1 ·
Took truck in for a rt. rear axle seal leak. They replaced it and related stuff at no charge. Performed the 6 outstanding safety recalls had it all done in 3 days. Didn't weld the tie rod. Everything still working flawlessly after a couple hundred miles.

I wasn't sure what to expect but was impressed. Hell Yeah!

#5 ·
Took truck in for a rt. rear axle seal leak. They replaced it and related stuff at no charge. Performed the 6 outstanding safety recalls had it all done in 3 days. Didn't weld the tie rod. Everything still working flawlessly after a couple hundred miles.

I wasn't sure what to expect but was impressed. Hell Yeah!
How much is the dealer paying you to say this stuff? ;)

#8 ·
3 days is wonderful!

My 2019 has been in the shop for 56 days.

Wish I had OP's dealer.

#12 ·
We’re not all bad people. Some dealers are definitely better than other. Like any business their are ones trying to rip u off and ones that genuinely try and help.
Most people seem to talk bad about the dealer until they really need a problem resolved and have no where else to turn.
A lot of times having to order parts is what causes big time delays getting a vehicle fixed and out the door, which is not the fault of the dealer.
Scheduling is another issue. When you have people coming in and insisting upon waiting for their vehicle to get repaired. Because that just forces the technicians to drop everything they are working on for other customers that had scheduled appts to work on the guy that insists on waiting. Creates a huge domino effect.
Technology is changing so fast now a days as well, it makes it hard to keep up and almost impossible for everyone to get the proper training on new product and technology.
Didn’t used to be this way. Once you became a journeyman tech u were pretty well set with just having to do occasional trading on new products coming out.
Sadly it’s probably only going to get worse from here. Every is getting pushed towards all electric power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
It took me a few dealership service department visits before I found a competent dealer with a competent diesel tech. I've been using them for six years, they do all service on my 2013 and all but fuel filters and oil changes on my 2015 (both trucks are under MaxCare). They still have a mindset that changing oil and fuel filters on a Cummins is worth gold. It could be that this dealership isn't too far away from Chrysler's headquarters in Auburn Hills.

#14 ·
I have had great luck with the only 4 dealers I had to visit. 1st was where I ordered it, they said wait till you delete it, you will love it more. 2nd South Carolina wile headed to Florida. The/a sensor went out front right drive shaft area. They didn't have it in stock, had no loaners, dropped me off to my campground and picked me up next day. 3rd, Was the last nox sensor in the tail pipe. Texas, dropped me off and picked me up the next day. 4th was in Arizona when my water pump pooped out. called and they said can you bring it in now, I did the next day. Put red tape over obd2 port and nice note on dash to please don't plug into obd2 port. Because its deleted. And they didn't even though they had updates. It was done before I could finish lunch and they washed it for me. I just ordered the Obd2 port lock yesterday. Just incase.

#15 ·
Back in the day when I still went to dealerships (warranty) I've had excellent luck with the only two I happened to deal with.

Accommodating, honest & competent to the point where I didn't feel the need to go over everything with a torque wrench after they were done.

I've been buying Mopar Performance B/RB parts from the one in GA these past 35 years, and the second one was via word of mouth in Canada.

#16 ·
dealers

I don't have a choice as I travel full time. Thank God I haven't needed anything after the water pump. I would ask around for a good private place before the dealer, as I have no warranty anymore. I am lucky to have the use of a friends farm shop to make a mess and do maintenance.

#17 ·
My dealer here in So Cal did a Nox sensor R&R, cleared codes and reflash, and 3 recalls but not the drag link. With an appointment in at 7AM and out at 11AM same day. They also washed it. I don't have to check their work. If I ever get to where I can't do service work they will be doing it.

#18 ·
Dealers have the best access to all the latest information, training and equipment, as well as OEM parts, so have the tools to be the best out there. Unfortunately, there are some, who due to poor organization or other factors, do not perform up to that standard. Also, the factory really squeezes them on warranty repairs. They can be the best resource out there and we should should support those dealerships that meet that standard.

#21 ·
Dealers have the best access to all the latest information, training and equipment, as well as OEM parts, so have the tools to be the best out there. Unfortunately, there are some, who due to poor organization or other factors, do not perform up to that standard. Also, the factory really squeezes them on warranty repairs. They can be the best resource out there and we should should support those dealerships that meet that standard.
And there are some customers who can not be made happy

#20 ·
I can add a positive dealer experience, too.

Went to my favorite (out of state) dealer to pick up a car. Bought a new style drag link for cheap, and while there anyway I asked if they could add the sales code for HID lights to my 3500.

Tech came out to where I was loading the trailer, cleared a bunch of headlight related codes, and did the change.
When I asked "How much?", he said "No charge".

#22 ·
Most are pretty good if competent for warranty work. Most don't try to screw you until you are paying for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.