Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Paint and body gurus

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ironpony 
#1 ·
Sears damaged my druck while doing a tire rotation and balance. Looks like they put the truck on the lift and the arms crinkled the in the bottom of boths sides of the bed just in front of the tires, around 2 inches including the pinch weld.

I'm waiting for their claims person to contact me. What should I be asking for here? I've heard since the pinch welds are damaged, the beds side panels should be replaced. I've heard also the whole truck should be repaited as it should be difficult to match the 5 year old paint.

Obviously, I want me truck to look as good as it did before they damaged it. What do you guys think?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, ill do that. I just want to see what some other opinions are so I have an idea of what to expect.

#5 ·
Sears is circling the bankruptcy drain..their auto centers ranks around WalMart and PepBoys auto centers. Techs who work there are probably minimum wage adolescent pimple poppers working their way into the drain pits at a Quickie Lube.
Let insurance take care of you and don't let these inexperienced nimrods around your truck.

#6 ·
Sears damaged my druck while doing a tire rotation and balance. Looks like they put the truck on the lift and the arms crinkled the in the bottom of boths sides of the bed just in front of the tires, around 2 inches including the pinch weld.

Obviously, I want me truck to look as good as it did before they damaged it. What do you guys think?
Get the estimate, grab a check before the bankruptcy crapppp hits the fan, locate a used bed same color, pocket the difference. :grin2:

Reactions: ironpony
#8 ·
I would take the check, and find a replacement bed. If it needs to be painted, a good paint guy should be able to fade the paint to match yours. Although, realistically to properly fade it they will basically paint the entire truck, when done right you'll never notice, but the paint will cost more then the replacement bed will. I know the bed around here can be had for under a grand, paint i would expect between 3-5 grand. Painting just the bed can cut a lot out of that, but if you want it to truly match, you'll need to get it faded into you truck. Paint is cheap, it's all the prep that costs the money because to do it right, there is a lot of prep time involved.

#9 ·
This is an easy one.

Pinch welds are easily repairable, and you'd be nuts to want your entire truck repainted:
A) They will absolutely not pay to paint the entire vehicle
B) You don't want that. Retain your factory paint as best as you can

..... C..... Don't let a Sears or Walmart type 'shop' touch your vehicles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.