RIGID Pod(s) Fog light installation - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
RIGID Pod(s) Fog light installation

Writing to see if any of you guy have had luck getting the dually pods installed in your factory bumper fog light location. I have gotten the brakcets from rigid, and am having next to an impossible time getting the lights to fit in the factory fog light hole, regardless of the spacing that I give the lights. I dont see too many of the 4th gen rams running this setup, however I have seen a few so am inclined to figure this out...

There are three bolts on the fog housing, this isnt rocket science but for the life of me I cannot get these to fit appropriately. Any and all help is welcome, thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 12:23 PM
Cummins Nut

Garage
What year is your truck...I know rigid advertises that they fit 2010-17's. Mine fit no problem when I installed them. Did you get a connection so you can run them to the stock fog light switch?

13' With 6" Thuren lift, Stage 6 King 3.0's front and rear, alien arms, trussed front end, dynatrac ball joints, king steering stabalizer, thuren track and sway bar, boogie bumps, 17" Tail Ready Bead lock wheels w/40" toyos. 4.56's w/front ARB
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 06:43 PM
Diesel Freak

You want them for fog lights?! Glare will be bad for oncoming traffic. I used mine for aux high beams. I just through bolted reinforcing strips behind and in front of a couple grill stringers and fastened it to those. Electrically, they are powered through a relay straight to the battery, except I also installed a switch in the circuit too (2 wires through the firewall) so I can disable them in urban driving. The relay is activated from a connection I made to the high beam circuit - doesn't draw enough to bother canbus and create the flickering headlight light problem.

2015 RAM 3500 CC LB SRW, 4x4, Aisin, BigHorn, 8.4an, Husky-X, Duraflap, cabin air filter, LTX MS/2, Maxiscan MS310, Super Z cables, US Cargo 60K recovery strap. Also 1998.5 NV4500, RWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 09:21 PM
GCR
Cummins Nut

Rigid does make a DOT approved cube fog light that has a wide, flat spread of light. It does not bother oncoming traffic.

2003 HO 2500 4X4 Quad Cab- Sold.
2014 Laramie 2500 4X4 Crew Cab, Granite Crystal/Silver 68RFE arrived 03/18/14.
ARB Intensity and Rigid SAE Fog Lights. HID projectors. 7" HID driving spots.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 09:26 PM
Diesel Freak

ah - they'd be fine - guess I'm perpetually upset by all the idiots driving around with overly bright ill aimed lights.

2015 RAM 3500 CC LB SRW, 4x4, Aisin, BigHorn, 8.4an, Husky-X, Duraflap, cabin air filter, LTX MS/2, Maxiscan MS310, Super Z cables, US Cargo 60K recovery strap. Also 1998.5 NV4500, RWD
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlol View Post
You want them for fog lights?! Glare will be bad for oncoming traffic. I used mine for aux high beams. I just through bolted reinforcing strips behind and in front of a couple grill stringers and fastened it to those. Electrically, they are powered through a relay straight to the battery, except I also installed a switch in the circuit too (2 wires through the firewall) so I can disable them in urban driving. The relay is activated from a connection I made to the high beam circuit - doesn't draw enough to bother canbus and create the flickering headlight light problem.
I should have clarified - I want them IN the fog light location, not for fog light use. I will be using them to supplement (when appropriate) the awful projector setup that these trucks have from factory until I upgrade those eventually.

Got the brackets figured out, I had to reverse the U bracket on top of the pods themselves to lower them for more clearance through the bumper, all is mounted and will be wired up shortly
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 10:14 PM
Diesel Freak

Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Well hopefully you like it. I would suggest leaving them a little loose till you have them all aligned.

As for lighting I would get the plug that plugs into the factory wiring. Thatís what I did. Was pretty simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'17 Delmonico Red Laramie 4X4 Mega, ProZ cover, N-Fab steps Thuren 2.75 kit, Track bar, Method NV 305 Bronze/Cooper STT Pro 295/65R20, RC steering stabilizer, rear spacer---'06 4X4 Mega Cab- (sold 15 Apr 2017)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflumb1982 View Post
Well hopefully you like it. I would suggest leaving them a little loose till you have them all aligned.

As for lighting I would get the plug that plugs into the factory wiring. That’s what I did. Was pretty simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks awesome - I’m going to wire them up with the rigid harnesses separately so I can run them as needed with all my other lights off. I’ve got amber covers on mine and it looks great with the DRLs and are blazing bright as you know.

For now my factory dog bulbs remain plugged in and are zip tied up out of the way, probably never will be used again but don’t want any light out codes popping up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode