Mirror Market Lights - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Mirror Market Lights

I noticed bunch of duallys have the marker light in the top corner of the mirror on at night(mirror signal light). Is it possible to do this with my 2500? Is there a setting in alpha oBD to do it? I noticed a setting for DRW in it and wondering will that turn it on?

2018 Ram 2500 SLT with G56
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 05:03 PM
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi

Garage

https://boostautoparts.com/products/...g-light-signal

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4...l-upgrade.html
Dogpatch likes this.

2018 Ram 3500 Limited - Crew Cab Long Box 4x4 SRW Stock at the moment, but that will change
Make your puddle lights great again!
SUPPORT SITE VENDORS, THEY MAKE ALL THIS POSSIBLE
HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Good try.... I did search. Both answers you responded with are retrofits. I was wondering if it was possible to do it like OEM using software...

Will await better replies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 06:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCalvin View Post
Good try.... I did search. Both answers you responded with are retrofits. I was wondering if it was possible to do it like OEM using software...

Negative.

Will await better questions
slayerfish and Wowegner like this.

2018 Ram 3500 Limited - Crew Cab Long Box 4x4 SRW Stock at the moment, but that will change
HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

I love forum power users hahaha

post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 06:38 PM

Garage

If it were as easy as hitting a couple buttons with Alpha it would be plastered all over the place. It's a straight forward install though, the only "hard" part is getting the wires through your door in a manner that looks respectable for how much these trucks cost. don't act like it's a 1972 VW beetle. take the time and make it look right. Only takes about an hour or two to do.

post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 06:44 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCalvin View Post

Currently it doesnít work for AlfaOBD, but hang tight for a couple weeks on wiring them in. I have the developer of alfa making me a beta version trying to get the setting to work, along with auto folding mirrors.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 06:53 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,492 Times in 2,559 Posts
: If you turn on DRW in alpha will your truck grow some extra wheels? I think you mean drl which is completely different. The link posted by Captain omni is the answer and directions for what you're wanting to do. And he went a step above and linked you a kit in case you cant or dont want to diy the wiring.

Scooty Puff Sr - 2016 3500 CCLB
Truckasaurus - 2010 2500 CCSB -sold
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 06:58 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by the man in black View Post
: If you turn on DRW in alpha will your truck grow some extra wheels? I think you mean drl which is completely different.
Laugh all you want, but DRW is what he should mean, and heís NOT far off in his line of thinking. The bits that get changed in the BCM are just not the right ones right now. Itís being worked on.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 07:00 PM
Diesel Head

What does drw stand for in this context? I figured it was just autocorrect that got him. What's the eta for alfa to do this? Seeing as how it's a non factory feature how will it work? Just toggle the turn signal bit to stay on at all times and flash when the signal is on? These mirrors have been around for a very long time now. The wires and diodes can be had for about 5$ and takes all of 20 min to install.

post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 07:27 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by the man in black View Post
What does drw stand for in this context? I figured it was just autocorrect that got him. What's the eta for alfa to do this? Seeing as how it's a non factory feature how will it work? Just toggle the turn signal bit to stay on at all times and flash when the signal is on? These mirrors have been around for a very long time now. The wires and diodes can be had for about 5$ and takes all of 20 min to install.
I was just giving you a hard time, but I can see why he would think DRW- because of the fender markers and maybe those having something to do with it. BUT, those arenít controlled by the BCM or the door modules. I believe the way the setting is in alfa now (side repeaters as markers) might be set up the way youíre thinking with keeping the signal on when the parking lights are active, but the message is being ignored. As far as not being a factory option, I had to think outside the box. FCA has European vehicles that do have this option, so I asked him if he could mimic one of those door module settings to the one in the Ram settings list. Same with the auto fold mirrors, since itís a factory option on the grand Cherokees. I would think once he gets me the beta version, and it tests good, he would incorporate them in his next update.
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 07:34 PM
Diesel Head

So is drw not a setting in alfa? Would the code needed to mimic another vehicle be in the ram modules? Or the ability to be written if not? Seems it would be easier to just hold the turn signals on at all times. That code is in the module already. Clearly I'm not very familiar with the process power of these modules. Personally I'll run 5$ in wires vs beta testing some fix. Maybe in a few years and no bricked modules I'll change my mind.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode