folding rear seat and interior lighting questions - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
folding rear seat and interior lighting questions

Quick newbie questions, does the rear seat back in my Tradesman CC fold down? Unless I missed it, I don't see anything in the owners manual about it. There is a loop strap above the center of the rear seat back but pulling on it doesn't do anything. Am I doing something wrong?
Final question about under dash illumination. Do the upgraded interior models like Bighorn and Laramie include lighting below the dash, specifically in the foot well area? If so, is there an unused pigtail under the dash to add interior lighting?

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman, CC/SB/4X4/CTD/68RFE, stock, white, no bells and whistles.
Kelderman rear air springs, ARE cap, Bedrug, Carhartt seat covers, Huskyliner floor mats, Huskyliner mud flaps, Lund side steps, Tradesman emblem on tailgate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 04:20 PM
Diesel Head

On my 14 there is an unused pigtail under the glove box area.There is a thread somewhere on this forum about using an LED to plug into that pigtail,the LED is easy to source,I got mine at HD.
Probably one of these for the light,and probably the rear seat mod.
https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2...-you-done.html

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2...ay-thread.html

14 2500/68rfe 4X4 CC SWB Tradesman 315/70/18 Toyo MT's
ARE DCU
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 05:00 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Quick newbie questions, does the rear seat back in my Tradesman CC fold down? Unless I missed it, I don't see anything in the owners manual about it. There is a loop strap above the center of the rear seat back but pulling on it doesn't do anything. Am I doing something wrong?
Final question about under dash illumination. Do the upgraded interior models like Bighorn and Laramie include lighting below the dash, specifically in the foot well area? If so, is there an unused pigtail under the dash to add interior lighting?
The seat back isnít designed to fold down, but you can make it fold down by raising the front of the seat up with a 1/2Ē stack of washers under the front seat mounts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Part # 6839578AA could be the courtesy lamp part number.
https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/...esy-68395784aa
or is this the correct part?
https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/part...5057282ab.html

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman, CC/SB/4X4/CTD/68RFE, stock, white, no bells and whistles.
Kelderman rear air springs, ARE cap, Bedrug, Carhartt seat covers, Huskyliner floor mats, Huskyliner mud flaps, Lund side steps, Tradesman emblem on tailgate
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

I found this discussion about what I want to do, does this sound like it will work?
https://www.ramforumz.com/threads/fr...lights.248097/

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 01:40 AM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Those loops are child seat retention straps. They donít release anything.

2015 3500 DRW Laramie CCLB 68RFE 4.10 4x4. CM SS flatbed. Cooper LT255/70R17 ST Maxx and 2" Stahl Steel spacers. Thuren 2.5Ē springs/shocks. Carli track bar Mag-Hytec rear cover with 75/110 Amsoil.
SOLD:2010 3500 DRW Big Horn CCLB Auto 4x4.
SOLD: 2005 3500 SRW SLT 4x4 G56
The Following User Says Thank You to lonestarwelder For This Useful Post:
upflying (10-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode