How to price - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
How to price

Thinking about selling my truck. But....im clueless on what I should ask. Its a 2015 mega cab limited. 80K HPP/CTT 60hp tow tune CTS 2 monitor
Carli backcountry suspension
fuel wheels
ICI magnum steps
stainless diesel S465 2nd gen swap
D&J valve cover
pusher intake
valve springs
pushrods
head studs
fleece powerflo 850
BUILT 68
Billet input shaft
Billet flex plate
custom valve body w sonnex accumulator kit and D&J billet lower
sonnex Billet drum
suncoast triple disc torque converter

Ive put about 5000 miles on since all this work. I moved and just don't drive it anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:43 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,609 Posts
Well, generally, you can just forget about much in the way of value being added from all the mods. Lots of mods turns many buyers off.

So, check around the various places where trucks are being sold and go by the prices being asked. "Asked" being the key, just because someone puts a certain price on what they are selling, doesn't mean they will be getting that for it.

And, the quicker you want to get rid of it, the cheaper the price would need to be.
cjgoode and Jimmy N. like this.

2015 RAM 2500 LoneStar Mega Cab CTD 2WD Air Ride PRAIRIE PEARLCOAT 02/09/2015
CCV reset/seatbelt chime disable
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:44 PM
Cummins Nut

I know this isnít the post you want to see, and I wish I could say your truck is worth $xx,xxx but the reality is that no one can say that. We all know that a trucks only worth what someone else is willing to pay unfortunately.

I can appreciate and respect the nice list of mods you have on your truck, but a bank is only going to finance someone for the NADA or KBB value of your truck. I hate to say it, but your mods mean nothing to that value, meaning if youíre trying to sell the truck with the mods on it, you're likely dealing with a cash buyer or someone who can put enough down to pay for the mods and finance the truck, not a common buyer.

I tried to sell my Tundra with the mods on it and didnít have any luck. I priced it at KBB value and added 25% of the value of the mods I had on it at the time, everyone that was interested just wanted to point out that I was asking more than NADA. I wound up returning it to stock, getting almost NADA retail for a trade-in, and selling the mods separately for almost 40% of what I paid for them.

I wish you the best of luck with your sale, and hope you find a buyer that sees the full value of that truck, and not a bank buyer who gets it for just NADA value.
7492, HeavyTwo, Jimmy N. and 1 others like this.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L CTD 4x4 Outdoorsman. 18in Dropstar 645B -12 wrapped in 35x12.5r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers "SAP Clone". EFI Live by Anarchy, 5in Flo Pro TBE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Diesel Head

Keep it or part it out. You will never come close to recouping what you put into it as a modded truck. Personally I deduct for mods like that as i see it as a possible money pit. You may find some young kid willing to go in debt and pay more for it but you are dealing with a very small market. Most people don't want something that as been "modded" like that. Not what you want to hear but that's my take on it.

Radride likes this.

2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn Mega cab, 285/75-18 (35's) Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Fuel Hostage III 18x9 +18 BS Wheels. Bilstein 2.3″ Front Lift, 1" rear spacer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Like others have said, you won’t get much for the mods. Looking at the parts list I say if at all possible just keep the truck and enjoy it.
HeavyTwo and Jimmy N. like this.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Diesel Head

Yep, I would pay more for an unmolested vehicle than a modified one.
Unless it was one where I had picked the parts and done all the work. But then it'd probably already be mine, so I wouldn't be buying it.
7492, Radride, HeavyTwo and 1 others like this.

Maybe if we start telling people that the brain is an app, they will start using it?

'14 1500 V6, '17 3500 C&C, plus a '19 3500 6.4 in the household.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Mods are for you, not the next owner.
Mods do not add value to the truck.
It is worth what someone is willing to pay and what you are willing to accept.
Mods will make the truck more difficult to sell and that brings value down.
Selling due to distress from divorce, foreclosure, job loss, child birth, family drama and repossessions all reduce the value of the truck.

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman, CC/SB/4X4/CTD/68RFE, stock, white, no bells and whistles.
Kelderman rear air springs, ARE cap, Bedrug, Carhartt seat covers, Huskyliner floor mats, Huskyliner mud flaps, Lund side steps, Tradesman emblem on tailgate
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:46 AM
Cummins Nut

Here in Utah a nice lift and tires/wheels will actually make it worth a bit more than a stock truck but all of your other mods won’t add any value at all and will actually scare many buyers off.
dshupe24 and Gr8bawana like this.

2010 Ram 2500cc sb mineral gray metallic, laramie. Lovin it !!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Selling due to distress from divorce, foreclosure, job loss, child birth, family drama and repossessions all reduce the value of the truck.
Not sure why any of those circumstances would affect the value of a vehicle.
Unless the seller makes it clear that he/she is desperate.
N of 60 likes this.

Maybe if we start telling people that the brain is an app, they will start using it?

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
Not sure why any of those circumstances would affect the value of a vehicle.
Unless the seller makes it clear that he/she is desperate.
Maybe reduces the value in the seller's eyes, because they just need out.

But, I don't think any of this is what the OP wanted to hear.

He probably wanted to hear that his truck was worth tons of $$$.
Jimmy N. likes this.

2015 RAM 2500 LoneStar Mega Cab CTD 2WD Air Ride PRAIRIE PEARLCOAT 02/09/2015
CCV reset/seatbelt chime disable
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 04:33 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Maybe reduces the value in the seller's eyes, because they just need out.
Yeah, but unless the seller puts "Divorce forces sale", or something similar in an ad, or mentions the predicament in person, the potential buyer won't know to kick them while their down.

After all, a certain vehicle has a certain value, regardless of the reason for selling it, right?
Although a lower priced vehicle will likely sell faster - unless the price is so low that it looks suspicious.
I have bypassed a few too-good-to-be-true vehicles because of that.

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Diesel Head

Well IMO there are several things going on here.

1) the truck is modified which does make a lot of people see it as "abused" well used.

2) the resale prices of these trucks is very high close enough that you can get a new one with better financing making the payment comparable

3) Most people need to rely on financing and do not have the cash to buy the vehicle.

Personally I avoid "modified" vehicles, I like stock so I know what is going on with it. With that being said I am in a position right now with my 2012 that I either need to trade it in, sell it or delete it. If I delete it I am of the thought I will own it till it is worthless because of it being modified.

On the positive side there is the person out there that will love the vehicle and have the means to buy it.
As to actual value I would price it at the number of a stock truck, I know that is not what you want to hear but buyers are not normally going to pay a premium for mods.

2002 2500 Quadcab LB 4X4 NV5600 HO stock
2012 3500 SRW Crewcab LWB 4X4 Auto 6.7 HO stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode