Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2014 cummins random boost loss

480 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ltngdrvr 
#1 ·
Bear with me here as i'm currently on vacation, driving and towing with the truck.
truck is a 2014 cummins, 40,000 miles, mods in sig.
long story short i performed maintenance on the truck before heading out with the trailer on vacation. (oil change, air filter, etc...) I also changed to a new set of tunes sent to me from CTT/HPP.
Truck runs fine and shifts great but will randomly drop to ZERO boost. This happens at different boost levels from say 15psi up to 36psi+. No codes, no CEL, no smoke, and you'll drive for a bit, boost will come back but then fall to ZERO the next time you get a good load on it.
The truck will create and hold 36+ psi with NO trailer but if i push it hard enough (i.e- foot to the floor maintaining max boost for an extended amount of time) it will drop to 0psi unloaded as well, again, no codes/CEL's, no smoke.
i'm goint to flash back to my previous set of tunes and see if it still happens but was wondering if anyone had anything else i should check out as well? PID's to monitor, sensors to check, etc...
appreciate the help!

#2 ·
You'd have to be a good looking woman before I'd "bare" with you...:vomit007:

As to your truck issue, your first thought of going back to a previous tune when you didn't have this issue is the thing to do. It sounds like the ecm is losing comm with the turbo control module, when it loses boost does the exhaust brake still work, or do you even still have the stock style turbo?

#4 ·
sorry the compound set up is the hardway performance kit retaining the factory turbo/exhaust brake. When i lose boost, i also lose the exhaust braking as well.

#3 ·
He has compounds. Does not say what they are though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.