Dash panel lights and rear parking sensor light stays on while truck is not running - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ltngdrvr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Dash panel lights and rear parking sensor light stays on while truck is not running

Newbie here, just purchased a 2013 ram 3500 Laramie with the 6.7cummings turbo. The panel ights on the dash where they highlight the speedometer, tachometer, def gauge, and fuel gauge stay on after the truck is off and door is shut tight. Also the rear parking sensor light (it works correctly) stays on at the same time in the cab.....I've tried disconnecting the battery for 6hrs and reconnected with still the same issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated other than going to shop. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanden77 View Post
Newbie here, just purchased a 2013 ram 3500 Laramie with the 6.7cummings turbo. The panel ights on the dash where they highlight the speedometer, tachometer, def gauge, and fuel gauge stay on after the truck is off and door is shut tight. Also the rear parking sensor light (it works correctly) stays on at the same time in the cab.....I've tried disconnecting the battery for 6hrs and reconnected with still the same issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated other than going to shop. Thank you!
Well, see, the problem is you got the truck with a 6.7cummings turbo, if you had bought the truck with a 6.7 Cummins engine, then you wouldn't be having this issue.

The panel lights will stay on for a while after shutdown and closing up the truck, when the computers go to sleep the dash should shut down as well.
RossThompson likes this.

2015 RAM 2500 LoneStar Mega Cab CTD 2WD Air Ride PRAIRIE PEARLCOAT 02/09/2015
CCV reset/seatbelt chime disable
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Should they stay on all night? Doesn't seem normal to me, guess I'll try and grab a scanner. Thought maybe to try here first since there's alot of great people on here with knowledge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:34 PM
Diesel Head

No, not supposed to stay on, only until the pcm goes to sleep.

Sounds like a BCM issue, dealer level scan tool is what you'll need for diagnosis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Well, finally found out the issue. A bad instrument panel cluster connection. It's about $1,500 to replace at the dealer. Just an fyi in case someone else has a similar issue. Thanks all!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 08:48 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanden77 View Post
Well, finally found out the issue. A bad instrument panel cluster connection. It's about $1,500 to replace at the dealer. Just an fyi in case someone else has a similar issue. Thanks all!!

There’s replacement clusters by infotainment? Not sure if that would help. They program to vin and mileage and all that I think.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Guess I posted this too soon. So the original diagnose was the instrument panel cluster. However, a week later a dead battery after a long work shift. Brought me back to the stealership.....they replaced said instrument panel cluster and now have determined that's it's a BAD BCM (body control module). The part is on order. Hopefully in a week this issue will be resolved. In the meantime I've been told to run the truck every 4ish hours for 10-20 minutes to keep the battery charged. Longer periods will require a battery charger. Hope this helps someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanden77 For This Useful Post:
2500/6 (07-23-2019)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 10:06 PM
Diesel Head

I wouldn't worry with running the truck every 4 hrs. unless you just happen to need to use it, I'd just throw the battery maintainer on it and leave it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode