Upfitter switches - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Indytruckchampion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Upfitter switches

I am a bit confused on the option for upfitter switches, I've looking at listings for a new truck lately and I notice it seems like mostly the mid to low trim level trucks that have it. But I have seen a few loaded trucks with it. But most of the loaded trucks have the seats heater/cooling switches in that position.

So if the truck has the upfitter switches, do they not have heated/cooled seats? Seems like an odd trade off that you can only have nice seats or upfitter switches not both, but I don't see where they put the switches if you have the nice seats.

2002 H.O., 6spd, aFe stage II, 4 in. MBRP, Dipricol EGT, Fuel pressure, boost, Edge Comp, with tapped wire, F1 Mach 1.0 injectors, DSS, Third Gen track bar bracket w/ Thuren Third gen adj. track bar, SBC Con OFE, 08-10 steering, Bilstein 5100's, tubular control arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:57 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjazzy View Post
I am a bit confused on the option for upfitter switches, I've looking at listings for a new truck lately and I notice it seems like mostly the mid to low trim level trucks that have it. But I have seen a few loaded trucks with it. But most of the loaded trucks have the seats heater/cooling switches in that position.

So if the truck has the upfitter switches, do they not have heated/cooled seats? Seems like an odd trade off that you can only have nice seats or upfitter switches not both, but I don't see where they put the switches if you have the nice seats.
Yes, the higher end trucks can have both. The heated seats and wheel would be operated by the soft keys on the radio.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:28 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Upfitter switches are awesome and I love this option! Just installed my light bar on aux switch 2 today and it was fast and easy. I have a big horn with heated seats as well but not cooled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:06 PM
Vendor

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Aux/upfit switches are an option on any trim level truck. I add them almost always because it's a cheap option and impossible to add after the fact. If they are on the truck the heat/air function for the seats is controlled in the center screen. There is a pop up that comes up when you start the truck that let's you turn them on before the rest of the screen comes on. Makes it really easy on start up once you get used to it....
Flight medic and Jimmy N. like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indytruckchampion View Post
Aux/upfit switches are an option on any trim level truck. I add them almost always because it's a cheap option and impossible to add after the fact. If they are on the truck the heat/air function for the seats is controlled in the center screen. There is a pop up that comes up when you start the truck that let's you turn them on before the rest of the screen comes on. Makes it really easy on start up once you get used to it....
So if it doesn't have the upfitter switches, are the switches in their place redundant? IE are there controls in the touch screen for them as well as actual switches in the place the upfitter switches go?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:27 PM
Vendor

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Yes they are redundant. The seat functions can always be controlled in the center screen.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:05 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjazzy View Post

If you find a truck that you like that doesn’t have the upfitter switches, you can buy this kit. The only catch is if the truck has rear air bags, this kit won’t work yet. The company says they will have something somewhat soon. I have the rear bags but this is what I’m going to buy.

https://www.4thgenramelectronics.com...ary-button-kit
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Thanks for the info. I have to say knowing this, I am surprised at the number of loaded trucks I am seeing without the switches. Great to know about the add on from 4th gen electronics if I can't find one with the other options I want as well as the upfitter switches.

2002 H.O., 6spd, aFe stage II, 4 in. MBRP, Dipricol EGT, Fuel pressure, boost, Edge Comp, with tapped wire, F1 Mach 1.0 injectors, DSS, Third Gen track bar bracket w/ Thuren Third gen adj. track bar, SBC Con OFE, 08-10 steering, Bilstein 5100's, tubular control arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode