HPP is Now CTT Tuning - Page 13 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

 34Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #145 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:23 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 27
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick00less View Post
Where are y’all seeing this? My ecu profiles don’t show those.
I had to message CTT and they sent me updated tunes that included the 0-200 SOTF 2.1D and 2.1B.


2014 2500 6.7 CC/SB 4x4
HPP Ez Lynk LBF SOTF
FloPro SS 4inch
Rjking365 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #146 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Cummins Fan
 
CR_Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Missouri
Posts: 62
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
What tune is everyone running and how many miles have you ran it and 68 or G56. I have a 17' 2500 with the 68RFE deleted at 18K miles and currently around 33K miles. For thousands of miles I ran 2.1 but was sent V3.2 beta and have ran it for several thousand miles probably over 8k at least. No problems with 2.1 other than I experienced back and forth 5-6th gear and 6-5th gear shifts between 55 and 60 MPH which was fixed in version 3.2. My thing with 3.2 I don't like is my exhaust break will sometimes just not engage I have to get back in the throttle and then let off and it the shifting is inconstant. Sometimes rough sometimes really smooth. But I have to say when I installed 3.2 beta I noticed immediate amazing throttle response I never noticed was missing with 2.1 but definitely a difference with 3.2.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

03 Dodge Ram ¾ton, SLT, 5.9L CR Cummins, 5 Speed NV4500, 4WD, front leveling pucks, AirDog 100 Lift Pump, Smarty Touch Programmer & EGT probe, S&B Cold Air Intake, S&B intake elbow, 5" Flo Pro turbo back straight pipe.
CR_Hunter is offline  
post #147 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
CR_Hunter I have a 2017 Ram 2500 68RFE and I am running CMER SOTF 0-180hp W/TCM Tuning V2.1, current mileage is 32,600 and I have been running this tune since 24,000 (8,600 miles). I have been in contact with CTT to get a tune that has a softer shift from 3 - 4 as I don't like the firm shift or TC lockup. The technician recommended the V2.1B tune. Honestly at this point, I am debating going back to the stock transmission tune as I feel the transmission tuning could hurt or make my transmission quit before it should. I wanted to contribute to this conversation so I can get more feedback and a better understanding of the transmission tuning. Also does anyone know what line pressure is to much for a stock 68RFE?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to reading everyone's input.
ks_disc_life is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ks_disc_life For This Useful Post:
FlaCracker (09-12-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #148 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Diesel Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,178
Thanks: 40
Thanked 65 Times in 60 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
yeah, would like to know more about this as well. Interested in any impact on longevity of a stock 68RFE tranny also, I am running the "CMER 180hp W/TCM Tuning V2.1" for about 7.5k miles, no issues. My daily driver, do not run hard or race, just typical day-to-day driving.

2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman Dually (2x4), 68RFE, 3.73 rear, Jamo 5' turbo-back stainless steel exhaust, Diamond Eye 51" muffler, EZLink tuner/CTT tunes.
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn (2x4), 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 rear.
FlaCracker is offline  
post #149 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
Wowegner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 130
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Just received the 3.3 tune from CTT. Anyone have much experience running this?

18' 2500 4X4 CCSB Lone Star Silver Edition (GrayCe)
Wowegner is offline  
post #150 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 01:00 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 21
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowegner View Post
Just received the 3.3 tune from CTT. Anyone have much experience running this?
Had 3.2 and didn't enjoy the harsh lockup
Got 3.4 about a week ago to try to resolve the issue, better but still harsh during light throttle

They never had me try 3.3
jbstaten is offline  
post #151 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
Wowegner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 130
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hmmmm that's odd. I'm enjoying the 2.1V, so a little hesitant to switch to 3.3V. Apparently the 3.3 is for 2018 only so maybe that has something to do with it?

18' 2500 4X4 CCSB Lone Star Silver Edition (GrayCe)
Wowegner is offline  
post #152 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 01:17 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 21
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowegner View Post
Hmmmm that's odd. I'm enjoying the 2.1V, so a little hesitant to switch to 3.3V. Apparently the 3.3 is for 2018 only so maybe that has something to do with it?
You are probably right. I'm also running 4th gear lockup, not sure if that makes a difference for revision number.
I only run the econ tune. I like how the engine runs and the shifts are crisp but not harsh, besides TCC lockup. It also doesn't let you lug as much, so every once in awhile it will shift down and back up on hills.
jbstaten is offline  
post #153 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
Wowegner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 130
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Slight Issue

nvm
Wowegner is offline  
post #154 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 09:56 PM
Cummins Fan
 
CR_Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Missouri
Posts: 62
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_disc_life View Post
CR_Hunter I have a 2017 Ram 2500 68RFE and I am running CMER SOTF 0-180hp W/TCM Tuning V2.1, current mileage is 32,600 and I have been running this tune since 24,000 (8,600 miles). I have been in contact with CTT to get a tune that has a softer shift from 3 - 4 as I don't like the firm shift or TC lockup. The technician recommended the V2.1B tune. Honestly at this point, I am debating going back to the stock transmission tune as I feel the transmission tuning could hurt or make my transmission quit before it should. I wanted to contribute to this conversation so I can get more feedback and a better understanding of the transmission tuning. Also does anyone know what line pressure is to much for a stock 68RFE?



Thanks for your time and I look forward to reading everyone's input.
I am unsure of a good line pressure for a stock 68RFE unfortunately. I really am stuck on what to do between 3.2 beta and going back to version 2.1
Like I said in my earlier post I really liked what I remember about 2.1 tune except for the 5th-6th/6th-5th shifting between 55 & 60 MPH never knowing whether it wanted 6th or 5th gear. I love the incredible throttle response with 3.2 beta but feel like the shifts are very inconsistent. Sometimes very smooth transition sometimes harsh and not just TC lockup. Rarely maybe once every two months if that in one specific spot at the right rpm & speed on a slight grade before a corner my truck with downshift really hard which I don't like either. I'm mainly getting tired of the exhaust break now not engaging even at like 50 mph. My 2.1 tune I never had an issue with the exhaust break not engaging. When I ask CTT about it months ago they said 3.2 beta was the tune everyone told them they loved. Curious to know if 3.3 or 3.4 tune will work for a 2017 6.7 with the 68RFE.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

03 Dodge Ram ¾ton, SLT, 5.9L CR Cummins, 5 Speed NV4500, 4WD, front leveling pucks, AirDog 100 Lift Pump, Smarty Touch Programmer & EGT probe, S&B Cold Air Intake, S&B intake elbow, 5" Flo Pro turbo back straight pipe.
CR_Hunter is offline  
post #155 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:04 PM
Diesel Head
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 1,474
Thanks: 140
Thanked 293 Times in 205 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR_Hunter View Post
I am unsure of a good line pressure for a stock 68RFE unfortunately. I really am stuck on what to do between 3.2 beta and going back to version 2.1
Like I said in my earlier post I really liked what I remember about 2.1 tune except for the 5th-6th/6th-5th shifting between 55 & 60 MPH never knowing whether it wanted 6th or 5th gear. I love the incredible throttle response with 3.2 beta but feel like the shifts are very inconsistent. Sometimes very smooth transition sometimes harsh and not just TC lockup. Rarely maybe once every two months if that in one specific spot at the right rpm & speed on a slight grade before a corner my truck with downshift really hard which I don't like either. I'm mainly getting tired of the exhaust break now not engaging even at like 50 mph. My 2.1 tune I never had an issue with the exhaust break not engaging. When I ask CTT about it months ago they said 3.2 beta was the tune everyone told them they loved. Curious to know if 3.3 or 3.4 tune will work for a 2017 6.7 with the 68RFE.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Everything with the CTT has worked great, but,
the trans tuning is really poor in my opinion

Harsh and inconsistent shifting, even with ZERO horsepower added.
4th, 5th, and 6th work great. The 2-3 up-shift is horrible.

2016 Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7L CUMMINS
URDiesel is offline  
post #156 of 216 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:49 PM
Diesel Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: North Texas
Posts: 697
Thanks: 39
Thanked 54 Times in 46 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by URDiesel View Post
Everything with the CTT has worked great, but,
the trans tuning is really poor in my opinion

Harsh and inconsistent shifting, even with ZERO horsepower added.
4th, 5th, and 6th work great. The 2-3 up-shift is horrible.


I agree completely on my 2012 AND I have that jerk the whole dang truck converter lockup on when no throttle in 3rd gear and coasting.

Aggravating.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2012 CCSB Laramie
6.7, 68RFE
EFI Live, Flo Pro/factory exhaust, gauges and Edge Insight.
Mike D Texas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
quadzilla tune downloads jigabop 98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion 109 08-31-2015 04:09 PM
Quadzilla OUT OF BUSINESS??? RAMmins12 98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion 381 02-14-2013 09:28 AM
XRT Pro MPG Update bigredram3500 2010-2012 General Discussion 2 04-17-2011 01:08 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome