Alfa OBD Success! - Page 40 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #469 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:53 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy07 View Post
I donít see anything related to it. Not many bother with the alfa because everyone just uses this method:

1. sitting in the truck buckle the seat belt.

2. turn on ignition without starting the truck.

3. wait for the seatbelt light to go off on the EVIC

4. with in 10 seconds, unbuckle, rebuckle 3 times. leaving the seat belt buckled the third time.

5. Turn off ignition. you should hear a chime confiring the change.

I figured, I was just trying to find the method I tried on my 18í and couldnt find it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #470 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 07:23 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quick question about the security bypass cable- any suggestions as to how to unplug the green and white plugs? Taking the truck in tomorrow, don't want to leave anything hanging around they might find and start asking questions. I tried pulling them out, there appears to be some sort of safety lock or something to keep them from coming out. Can't really see up under the dash well enough to know what I'm dealing with.
G

2018 Mega Cab Laramie
post #471 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 07:51 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweaver View Post
Quick question about the security bypass cable- any suggestions as to how to unplug the green and white plugs? Taking the truck in tomorrow, don't want to leave anything hanging around they might find and start asking questions. I tried pulling them out, there appears to be some sort of safety lock or something to keep them from coming out. Can't really see up under the dash well enough to know what I'm dealing with.

G

When I installed mine I believe it was just a push tab that has to be depressed. You can see them at the back of the connector in the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to KeepEmRollin14 For This Useful Post:
gweaver (06-19-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 08:08 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Use a very thin small flat screwdriver or Pic. Insert on the Top slot and push the tab down.

2018 Ram Big Horn. Crew Cab Short Box. 6.7Ltr. 68 RFE. Thuren Suspension
The Following User Says Thank You to G. Mcpherson For This Useful Post:
gweaver (06-19-2019)
post #473 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 08:56 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
OK, thanks for that. I'll try that tonight- hopefully I can see well enough to find the slot.
G

2018 Mega Cab Laramie
post #474 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:19 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Success! Had to contort myself in to rather uncomfortable positions, but I managed to get a probe in and release the tabs. Half tempted to just remove the tabs, since I would only use Alfa when the truck's parked, so I don't know if I need such a secure connection.
Thanks again for helping me figure that out.
G
G. Mcpherson likes this.

2018 Mega Cab Laramie
post #475 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:18 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Used the Alfa to bleed the brakes in the ABS computer best way to bleed the brakes works awesome . Took about 3 minutes open the bleed valve and it does the rest .
Mike Wood, Electrojake and Lins like this.

2008 SILVER 3500 SRW 6SD AUTO 4.10
2012 CHARCOAL 2500 LONGHORN H&S MCC S&B
BROTHERHOOD OF LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEERS 197
post #476 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 12:40 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver60 View Post
Used the Alfa to bleed the brakes in the ABS computer best way to bleed the brakes works awesome . Took about 3 minutes open the bleed valve and it does the rest .
This sounds like something that needs a 'How To'. Does Alfa walk you through the process, or did you find instructions somewhere? Speaking of instructions, does anyone know if/where there's a reasonably complete 'How To' for all the various Alfa functions? Granted, I don't need to do too much now, but it might be nice to add a few features down the road- rain sensing wipers and whatnot.
G

2018 Mega Cab Laramie
post #477 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 12:53 AM
Cummins Fanatic

As far as bleeding the brakes it will tell you what to do . If it doesnt like what your doing within the perimeters it will abort test it will tell you what to do . Then you start over and depress the the brake pedal and open the bleed valve on the caliper, once the process starts the pedal will drop to the floor and the ABS pump will do its thing and start the bleeding process then it will push back on your foot hard and you must hold slight pressure then it will complete its process and tell you front brakes are bleed then to close the bleed valves then it will ask you to start the same process on the rear brakes .
Mike Wood likes this.

post #478 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:30 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweaver View Post
... does anyone know if/where there's a reasonably complete 'How To' for all the various Alfa functions? Granted, I don't need to do too much now, but it might be nice to add a few features down the road- rain sensing wipers and whatnot.
G
Hope it's ok to link to another forum but this is about a complete a list as you will find.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn Mega cab, 285/75-18 (35's) Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Fuel Hostage III 18x9 +18 BS Wheels. Bilstein 2.3″ Front Lift, 1" rear spacer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #479 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:32 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver60 View Post
As far as bleeding the brakes it will tell you what to do . If it doesnt like what your doing within the perimeters it will abort test it will tell you what to do . Then you start over and depress the the brake pedal and open the bleed valve on the caliper, once the process starts the pedal will drop to the floor and the ABS pump will do its thing and start the bleeding process then it will push back on your foot hard and you must hold slight pressure then it will complete its process and tell you front brakes are bleed then to close the bleed valves then it will ask you to start the same process on the rear brakes .
I just look at that function in Alfa. It says the procedure is done After you manually bleed the brakes? Is that what you did?

2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn Mega cab, 285/75-18 (35's) Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Fuel Hostage III 18x9 +18 BS Wheels. Bilstein 2.3″ Front Lift, 1" rear spacer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #480 of 495 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:49 AM
Cummins Fanatic

You only need to do a manual bleed process unless your changing the fluid. The ABS pump will start running and push the air out if your changing the pads or calipers basically opening the line the ABS pump will push all the air out . It will pump the brakes and do some weird stuff but it works great .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode