Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Dodge Ram XB LED Headlights!!!

85K views 473 replies 62 participants last post by  Ricky_Bobby 
#1 ·
Just released from The Retro Fit Source. They’re replicas(ish) of the 2019 and come as a complete kit with everything needed for a plug n play install.

Expensive but look nice!

Video

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn6R-IaglNy/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d...RS!&_rmId=BbxkYqMkQ5tJwZl7xQVbhx1gNJ789GH10lq

Also released are the new matching Dodge Ram XB LED Taillights

Not as expensive-definitely more affordable.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/09-18-dodge-ram-xb-led-tails.html

See less See more
#17 ·
Sounds like you had a great set. Did you do the shield drop mod? I personally run 35w ballasts since the 55w will eventually burn the bowl.

I'm sure these ones will be great, just not the best you can get.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I did. Hid’s would never cooperate with my (‘18) truck (zero issues on last 2 trucks). I would have to flip switch 2-4 times before both ballast would fire up and bulbs would turn on. Multiple warranties with ballast and harness. Only after driving for a short while would they (both) fire up immediately with zero issues. Got tired of throwing away money at it so I sold them. Headlights performed well when the hid kit decided to turn on.

Gonna stick with my stock quads for now. These new ones looked appealing but my gut says don’t do it.

#19 ·
I’ll be interested to see these in action for sure, I had some projectors retro fitted into my quads with HIDs and never had real trouble with the HIDs but every truck I’ve seen with factory LEDs like the fords and heck even my wife’s Grand Cherokee make me jealous and want LEDs! Guess I might have to wait for the 2020s or these to come out!

#23 ·
Hey no cussin’!! [emoji23]

You gonna say I’m cussin’ real bad if I end up with a F150... lol hard to justify a 3/4 diesel if I’m not gonna use it as such to daily drive... haha

#24 ·
Yeah man, you know I will!!

😂Those are very nice headlights. I’ve got to do something with mine, they are horrible. I didn’t notice how bad they are till we got up here. Driving in the dark with rain you might as well have a blindfold on! I used my light bar a lot last winter. I’m looking to do an HID upgrade, but when I saw this post it got me wondering if they have made any improvements besides just to the looks of them. I’m definitely standing by and waiting to see how they perform!

Reactions: Mono06cummin
#36 ·
Dammit and I thought I was done with my exterior mods
There is no such thing as being done. Being done with mods can be found at the end of the rainbow hanging out with a unicorn riding leprechaun.

#38 ·
I want to see a measurement of light output. I am with others who believe that LEDs cannot yet out-perform HID. The fact that these seem to have approval by the DOT overlords tells me they are not as bright as rolling your own...

#39 · (Edited)
Depends on how you measure performance honestly, I'm a big proponent of LEDs because they work, there is no warm up period, they are instant on and do ntot require an external ballast and this and that only to have them sometimes work. Which HIDs are known for being notoriously picky. Yes, HIDs can shine further, and project better. Modern LEDs are significantly better then how they used to be. Properly designed LED bulbs in reflector housings are only slightly worse then the best HIDs in projectors, LED projectors are relatively new, and i expect to outperform properly designed LED bulbs in reflector housings, and be close to an HID in a projector housing. But in terms of pure ease of use, LED drastically outperforms HID. As someone that has ran both, on multiple trucks, LEDs are ALOT easier to get working, and keep working better and longer. HIDs are finicky, LEDs are not. Properly designed LEDs offer amazing performance. And to top it off, LED projectors are a newer technology to hit the market. so there is a good chance these are going to be very comparable to an HID set up.

#40 · (Edited)
Here can see how LED and HID compare. I believe another 1 or 2 LED projectors have came out since this comparison chart was made. There is one more LED projector a little farther down on this list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.