Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Strictly using AutoEnginuity to add options, sales codes, etc.

75K views 245 replies 55 participants last post by  Hamsherd 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like to start this thread on strictly AutoEnginuity information. This thread will discuss options that have been added, can possibly bee added, and how to add specific options.

So far a few things I have been able to add is:

SRT Initial loading page - Photo Below
Heated/Ventilated Seat
Heated Steering Wheel
Fog Lights
Change the country code
LED tail lights

This program is amazing and I honestly don't know how it hasn't had any more attention than it has.

There is more options to add than I can count, I would say well over a thousand.

Please lets keep this thread to helping/how to's for individuals that have the program or would like to purchase the program.

Also I would like to give a huge shout out to @4x4x4door. I purchased this devise from him, and he is also very knowledgeable on it as well.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Here is a link to their website -
https://www.autoenginuity.com

I would like to add, this program is really powerful. There are very in depth options that you can add or remove, and if done so you can really mess up your truck. So when utilizing the program be very very careful, because if it is messed up too much you would have to have the dealership reprogram the specific module you messed up.

Not to scare anyone away, just being upfront and honest about it all.

Even with that said this tool is great!!

Reactions: 4x4x4door
#4 ·
So far I haven't change any modules in the truck, just been able to add sales codes. But in the AE software they are not listed as "sales codes" just options and names of the options.

#6 ·
Yes this can be used on numerous vehicles. It does not get locked to any specific vehicle.

#8 ·
You can change the pressure thresholds but you cannot update the RFH (radio frequency hub). The RFH it's an important step to the TPMS adjustment. Without it, the threshold settings will change BUT you'll still get all the warnings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I will add that I've used the software on '10-12 trucks and 13+ trucks up to 2017. The 17's aren't officially supported but enabling the fog lights with high beams and custom tire sizes has worked by telling the software that the truck is a 2016.

#15 ·
Also a great question - I would have to have a 2014 to try it on.

#16 ·
1) How about last position Exhaust brake, tow/haul mode and traction control? I hate that these three reset to OFF once key is off!

2) Here's a weird one: if I start my truck and put the ignition push button to RUN, get out with key fob in my pocket and lock doors, I can get into my truck without the FOB and drive it even after truck being locked and "broken into" (window down so I don't have to break the glass). Now I say this because if the alarm is set when you're inside and get out it will alarm, so I think the truck should recognize that the FOB is absent and shut down the truck when the brake is pushed (as in if I left it idling and someone broke in to steal my truck). So can THAT be changed? I imagine not but I have to put it out there.

#18 ·
I think the reason for this can be explained using this example. I dropped my son off in our 2015 town and country with push start. When he got out of the van at his school 20 mins away a message popped up saying the key for was not present
however I was able to drive it home with the dead battery in the key fob. If not for that feature I would have been left stuck in the parking lot. On the safety side of things I think the engine should shut off after a short period of time as there have been people on the news that died from parking in their garage and forgetting to turn off the engines and the minivan kept on running. I assume the trucks work the same way

#26 ·
Any idea if this tool will allow you to set a different sized fuel tank? I just swapped out the OEM tank for a 50 gallon midship tank from Titan. I am not sure if the fuel gauge is accurate yet or not, but the DTE is definitely not accurate. I have heard you can get the DTE recalibrated if you delete and tune with PPEI on an Ez-Lynk, but I am not ready for that step just yet in my warranty voyage.

Thanks!

-Rob

#27 · (Edited)
If no one else gets to it first, I can check check this out Friday. Seems like I've seen something but I could be wrong.

And I live close to you near Arnold.

#28 ·
I have the titan tank as well. I can go 125 +/- miles towing or 200 +/- solo before the OEM fuel gauge will start to drop. That translates into 450-500 miles of fuel towing and 750 miles of fuel driving solo. I have the Edge Evolution so I know when the fuel tank starts dropping below 100%.

#29 ·
All, I'm new to this particular forum but wanted to share my experience as well as other's experiences from another forum using the AE tool. We had been using it for a good while now but as we used it more we began to see odd things happen to our trucks when we turned certain features on. For example, when we turned the single zone Automatic Temperature Control on, the truck lost it's branding and theme's on the 8.4 radio, when I tried to turn front parksense on, I lost my backup cam button and it was replaced with a power fold headrest button. We have seen a truck completely switch from English Units to Metric and from left hand drive to right hand drive.

Further investigation proved that there is an issue with the way that AE writes the configuration values to BCM. Sparing all of the binary details, when AE writes values, it is possible that it wipes out other values in that shared BCM memory location. We have opened no less than 5 calls with AE about it and they seem to have no interest in fixing the problem.

So my PSA on the AE tool is to be careful with it. If you are doing things that other people have done already, you will probably be ok (I still bet you will have corruption in your BCM settings, but it just won't affect your truck). Don't go randomly changing settings, as it may be your one way ticket to the dealer to have your truck re-flashed and hopefully restored back to factory settings.

Hope I'm not overstepping my bounds being new to this forum, but I just wanted to share my as well as other's experiences.

#30 ·
^^^^ Thanks for the cautionary info. These vehicles are so computer intergrated and complicated that changing/adding 1 new thing may screw up a dozen others. It’s quite unfortunate that AE has no interest in fixing what they screwed up.

#31 ·
I believe you, they always paint a pretty picture on these non OEM software, then the bugs start showing up, and where's the support then ? I've seen it all too often.

#34 ·
Ok, I found the TPMS settings and you can enter 0. Ironically they're in the RFH submenu but I'll repeat for someone who's not read everything, that the RFH cannot be adjusted with the this software. @boggerdak was asking about zeroing out the values because he didn't put the sensors in his aftermarket wheels. I don't know that this will solve that issue because I feel like the system is going to look for the sensors regardless if the values are set to 0 or not. I have sensors so I can't fully test it out.

#33 · (Edited)
I would like to start out by saying @DeereGuy183 is correct.

I used the AE to add a few options and it worked perfectly fine, ie
heated/ventilated seat soft button
heated steering wheel soft button
SRT start up page
fog lights
fogs on with high beams
- and it worked just fine.

The problem I ran into is when I tried to add the "performance/offroad pages", and a few other random options. This really opened up a worm whole in my truck, I started having numerous problems - remote start stopped working, abs, air bag lights came on.

Long story short a trip to the dealer to have them flash the BCM wasn't too bad. It is marked as a .2 hour job and cost around 20$, "when you're out of warranty that is".

Overall IMO I feel that once we start adding the very random options our trucks weren't designed to have, is where we run into problems.

Either way I would like to not scare people away and keep this thread moving in a good direction so we can help each other help one another.

Reactions: Ehyden69
#35 · (Edited)
I found an option on the AE at the very bottom of the menu that says
- Vehicle Configuration Programmed Status / Last Programmed Status

Once entered these pop up -
- Last Programmed Status
- Vehicle Configuration Programmed Status
- Exit

Not sure if one of these would "remember" what our factory BCM settings are and then we would we be able to revert back to if we mess something up or?...

Anyone have any knowledge?

#42 ·
If we can find the setting, we might be able to do so. The hardest part is finding the specific setting.

Remember everyone, AE took RAM's information and put it into their lingo, so sometimes it matches up exactly and other times not so much.

In just the Body Control Module there is around 25 pages, that each has anywhere from 2-40 different settings buried within.

#46 · (Edited)
@robroy90 and @4x4x4door I found the fuel tank size capacity. You have to enter it in liters not in gallons. I found it in 2 different places. The down fall is which one do you pick??

Edit - I’m out and about running errands with the wife and kids. So it’ll be a good few hours before I’m home I’m sure.

#63 ·
Thank you, I wonder if there is any disadvantage to trying it in one spot, and then the other? Or heck, even setting it in both. If you would be willing to tinker, I would surely appreciate it. If not, I completely understand.

By my math, my Titan tank comes out to about 185 liters.

I am thinking it must be those settings you change, because if a tuner (PPEI on EZ-Lynk) claims they support Titan tanks in their tunes, I can't imagine it isn't a user-configurable setting in the ECM/BCM/PCM.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you test and/or it works. It isn't the end of the world, but I am rather OCD and having a working DTE would be welcome... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.