Strictly using AutoEnginuity to add options, sales codes, etc. - Page 19 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #217 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:22 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laramie2017 View Post
Hello, maybe someone of you can help me with my european issue.. im trying to change combinated rear lights, i mean to separate rear turn and stop.. it works i turn on rear turn output, connector wire to bcm, rear turn works, but... All the time it shows rear turn light out (All works good but it blinking fast on dash)
Ps. Sorry for my grammatical, but i hope you understand
Are you using LEDs for the new separate turn signal bulbs? Are your tail light housings the factory LED lights?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #218 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 07:29 AM

im using reverse light as turn (changeing pins in bcm), then have to use resistors as reverse light.
stop is in normal place (tail light housings the factory led)
post #219 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 08:27 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
im using reverse light as turn (changeing pins in bcm), then have to use resistors as reverse light.
stop is in normal place (tail light housings the factory led)
I’m not sure this will work, but you can try disabling the fault sense wire for the rear tail lights. I’m just not sure if it’s tied to the new dedicated turn signal circuits that you added to the BCM. I’m not familiar with the auto enginuity layout, but if it can enable the rear turn signals, it should be able to do this: Go to CBC I/O Usage and find “left rear door ajar switch usage” and disable it (or set it to none). Do the same for “right sliding door switch usage”.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #220 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 03:32 PM

I dont have this option in cbc 😕
And i dont know how one of workshop in out town programm this as normal turn light
I mean When u takie out the bulb it shows that light is out, If you put it again works normal
post #221 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 06:47 AM

Maybe someone know, is possible to change wires in bcm to use oryginal rear turn signal controll to my turn bulb ?
I saw that plug F pin 36 is left rear turn signal control, and
Plug E pin 22 is right rear turn signal control but i dont exactly know how to use this pins to control my bulbs 😕
Hope you understand
post #222 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 08:37 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Maybe someone know, is possible to change wires in bcm to use oryginal rear turn signal controll to my turn bulb ?
Plug E pin 22 is right rear turn signal control but i dont exactly know how to use this pins to control my bulbs 😕
Hope you understand
Yes. This is exactly what you need to do. I misunderstood you and thought you had already done this. Those wires SHOULD be there at the BCM already. I’m just not sure where in the body harness they end, since they’re not normally used unless someone is trying to do what you are doing. You need to find them and hook them up to your amber turn signal bulbs you are planning on using. Then you need to enable the rear turn lamps output in CBC configurable inputs and outputs. You also need to disable combined rear lighting in CBC features.
post #223 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy07 View Post
Quote:
Hope you understand
Yes. This is exactly what you need to do. I misunderstood you and thought you had already done this. Those wires SHOULD be there at the BCM already. I’m just not sure where in the body harness they end, since they’re not normally used unless someone is trying to do what you are doing. You need to find them and hook them up to your amber turn signal bulbs you are planning on using. Then you need to enable the rear turn lamps output in CBC configurable inputs and outputs. You also need to disable combined rear lighting in CBC features.
Ok, but ive found other pin look like rear turn signal.. plug f pin 42 look like rear right turn signal, plug e pin 3 look like left rear turn signal.
Plug e and f got rear left and right turn signal control and rear left and right lamp lighting fault sense maybe you know how to corrently connector this all ?

Ps. I enable rear turn output and combinated rear light not set. On oem rear turn/stop light is now just stop
post #224 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 10:42 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Ok, but ive found other pin look like rear turn signal.. plug f pin 42 look like rear right turn signal, plug e pin 3 look like left rear turn signal.
Plug e and f got rear left and right turn signal control and rear left and right lamp lighting fault sense maybe you know how to corrently connector this all ?

Ps. I enable rear turn output and combinated rear light not set. On oem rear turn/stop light is now just stop
I didn’t look at the connector sheet and spoke too soon. These are the two that need to be used. The turn signal drivers, not controls. So, C5/E connector pin 3, and C6/F connector pin 42. I think you might actually have to add those wires to the connectors. Since you have the settings correct, everything should work once you hook these up.
post #225 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
[
I didn’t look at the connector sheet and spoke too soon. These are the two that need to be used. The turn signal drivers, not controls. So, C5/E connector pin 3, and C6/F connector pin 42. I think you might actually have to add those wires to the connectors. Since you have the settings correct, everything should work once you hook these up.
I add those wires + change led rear turn to „not set” and still „rear left and rear light out” 😕
Maybe have to do sth with control wire in lamp ? I use reverse bulbs as turn .
post #226 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 11:46 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
I add those wires + change led rear turn to „not set” and still „rear left and rear light out” 😕
Maybe have to do sth with control wire in lamp ? I use reverse bulbs as turn .
The rear turn control wires are only for the 7-pin trailer connector’s turn signals.

What happens if you change led rear turn back to “set”?
post #227 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
[
The rear turn control wires are only for the 7-pin trailer connector’s turn signals.

What happens if you change led rear turn back to “set”?
Still the same
And If i change combinated, trailer stop/turn are still together 🤣 magic
post #228 of 231 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:06 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Still the same
And If i change combinated, trailer stop/turn are still together 🤣 magic
Ok. Make sure you are back to combined rear lighting disabled, rear turn output set, and leave led rear turns set. We need to try to disable the fault sense wires that go to each tail light housing. There should be two settings in CBC I/O Usage related to “rear door ajar” or “sliding door ajar”. These are what are actually used for the rear fault sense wires on our Ram trucks. I know you said you didn’t see them, but double check. They would be in the same section as “hood ajar switch USAGE (not INPUT)”.
If you don’t have those settings, you could disable the rear lighting DTC setting under CBC features. If you do this, you won’t get an alert if any of your rear bulbs are actually out.

Then, there’s a last resort of adding resistors to the rear turn signal driver wires, but, I’m sure you want to avoid doing this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode