Cummins Diesel Forum banner

!!Uconnect!!! Killin me

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  RammerJam 
#1 ·
Im having such a difficult time with this system... been on the phone 10+ times trying to intall the update my self. It says the new software is there but still having the same problems. Cannot use my assist button cuz truck has intermittent 3g....Navigation says im somewhere else...most of the time not even on a road... any one else run into this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#2 ·
May need a trip to the dealer then. Would disconnecting the batteries for 20-30 minutes and hooking them back up do any good? I don't know, just an idea. I did my update yesterday actually and it was painless for me. I did it myself in less than 20 minutes.

#3 ·
when did the update come out? whats new on the update if anything? i havent noticed anything wrong with mine.

#4 ·
With my '14 I have to download to a PC, then transfer the file to a 'Thumb drive'. Didn't know the Sprint 3g was even possible. What year is the truck? BTW, a '14 had different software than a '15 or '16.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Like the others said, download the update to a thumb drive with nothing else on it. Plug it in to the media port and it'll start the update. One of the recent updates claimed improvements for the cellular connection, but it's Sprint, so don't expect much.

As for the nav issue, the update probably won't help with that problem, these updates are usually separate from the nav system updates. The maps on your nav are probably a year old and, while I'm sure Ram would love to sell you a map update for $150, it'll still be outdated compared to what's available from Garmin or Google. I'd try the dealer if you're still covered under the bumper-bumper warranty.

Jeff.

#13 ·
I have a 2013 bought it 3 yrs ago. My Uconnect has never worked. It intermittently will show a warning saying “vehicle phone not functioning see dealer” I take it to dealer and all they do is make sure it has the up to date firm ware. Navigation doesn’t work, 911 button doesn’t work (I tried for the hell of it) can’t even receive Uconnect updates. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
This was a thread from the dead (3 yrs old), brought back to life with the post before yours. I hope the problems the original posters were having 3 years ago are solved by now.

Reactions: Lins
#16 ·
Regardless of what vehicle it is (must be an FCA product to have Uconnect, though), don't you have to pay to keep all that crap functional?
It may be as simple as getting the required subscription(s). But the phone (bluetooth) should work no matter what, I'd think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.