RaceMe and towing - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013-2018 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
RaceMe and towing

I ditched dodge in 2013 and went to Ford because you couldn't delete anymore buuuuut now the RaceMe is out and it seems like enough people have proven them reliable , the most important thing to me is towing is anyone towing heavy with one installed ? By heavy I mean between 15,000-25,000 lbs ? I found a megacab G56 truck I'm on the fence about and thats the deciding factor if anyone can give some feedback I'd really appreciate it , thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Tech support junkie

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Im in the same boat as you. Have had my platinum for 2yr now wanna buy the wife a new suv and the highest dollar truck just isn't cutting it for that anymore. Im gonna go with a tradesman or slt. On the fence reg vs crew cab. g56 is def my choice. Im also wanting the auto level suspension that like a must for me. I don't tow as heavy as you do but when i do tow its around 10,000 with a lot of tongue weight. trying to keep the price of the truck down too and find something long bed. has to be a long bed. Its weird i remember you on here before and we are both in the same boat. LOL

[COLOR=2017 2500 tradesman_g56[/COLOR]
SOLD2017 F-250 platinum
SOLD-2014_F-250_Platinum
SOLD-2010_48re
SOLD_2013 MEGA_g56_laramie_Loaded
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 10:16 PM
oneshotkyle

I've towed 15000 combined so far on 30hp setting with absolutely no problems or concerns. I have a g56and im saving for a new SBDD before I increase power level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke8994 View Post
Im in the same boat as you. Have had my platinum for 2yr now wanna buy the wife a new suv and the highest dollar truck just isn't cutting it for that anymore. Im gonna go with a tradesman or slt. On the fence reg vs crew cab. g56 is def my choice. Im also wanting the auto level suspension that like a must for me. I don't tow as heavy as you do but when i do tow its around 10,000 with a lot of tongue weight. trying to keep the price of the truck down too and find something long bed. has to be a long bed. Its weird i remember you on here before and we are both in the same boat. LOL
Yea I dig the ford I have a fully done up 13 Lariat ultimate with a bunch of goodies and honestly im just looking for the empty ride quality if I could figure out a way to tow my toy hauler with a 2500 a would. My big hiccup is im honestly 100k into my ford and I know its damn near the ultimate tow rig but im getting older my back hurts I hate the rough shifting and shift flares of the crazy tune im running bla bla bla

2015 2500 CCSB Laramie done up the way a CJC truck aught to be
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshotkyle View Post
I've towed 15000 combined so far on 30hp setting with absolutely no problems or concerns. I have a g56and im saving for a new SBDD before I increase power level.
sweet man I appreciate the feedback , what are you seeing for EGTs when towing that heavy , I cant wait to have my exhaust brake back haha plus the manual trans that was the only thing I never liked about my 11 or 12 the H&S overdrive was never perfect and everything you MCC'd never seem to be middle of the road it was either sloppy or sled pull.

2015 2500 CCSB Laramie done up the way a CJC truck aught to be
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 10:58 PM
Tech support junkie

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I have only deleted my nothing else run the tow tune has made good power and the sifts seem good. I know what you mean about the flares on some tunes. I run php tunes seem to do well nets me 22mpg on long trips saw 23 once down south. That is a sweet rig though. We looked into a toy hauler and just didn't make sense for us. With my time line with work I just don't have the time for it. My brother just bought a 2500 western brown which is kinda why I have the itch. I miss my old red truck before the 48re swap.

Last edited by powerstroke8994; 08-31-2015 at 11:08 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 11:00 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I towed about 15000 with 2500 in the bed and had no problems with the 30hp tune. I am going to be getting a different clutch tho. And the egts are surprisingly low, hard to see much over 1000

1993 w250 , extended cab, getrag , skyjacker lift, 35s, crossover steering , borgeson steering shaft, dual steering stabilizer , traction bars , front spool and rear locker, air bags , 175hp injectors, pump mods ,3200 rpm spring , guages, THD high volume low pressure lift pump 95,000 original miles
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:49 PM
oneshotkyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carli'd6.7 View Post
sweet man I appreciate the feedback , what are you seeing for EGTs when towing that heavy , I cant wait to have my exhaust brake back haha plus the manual trans that was the only thing I never liked about my 11 or 12 the H&S overdrive was never perfect and everything you MCC'd never seem to be middle of the road it was either sloppy or sled pull.
low 1100deg on the pyro was most I seen running up 6% grades, I was the one in the passing lanes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode